Me

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
Terry

Me

Post by Terry »

Hello All

I have just joined this group. My name will not be new to some since for some years I was using VO and later C# in what was a commercially pressured way. During that time, I had always felt that there was perhas a better, or alternative way of approaching software development such that the resulting code base of an application could be exhaustively tested prior to release.

I have now been able to prove, to myself at least, (augmented by practical implementation using C#), that this is indeed possible. It simply involves thinking along two essentially independent lines of thought during the development process and commiting each, independently to code. It is totally in line with the way our brains "think" naturally. It will be obvious and "old hat" to many and perhaps a little obscure to some simply because they had not had time to think that way before.

The fact is the methodology is logic and thus not tied to any language. Having said that work involved in implementation would be realistically impossible were the Roslyn compiler or something like it not available.

As I understand XSharp, Roslyn is at least partially available so there may be relevance.

Bringing this methodology into background thinking would, I believe, not be too onerous and may shed light on to computer operation as a whole. Implementing it is a different ball game altogether - for smaller projects it's a non-starter, but for larger projects or new projects designed to grow over future years I believe it would realise increasing payback.

If anyone here is interested I will post a bit more on the subject - say chitchat perhaps.

Best Regards to all

Terry Bourne
wriedmann

Me

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Terry,

good to have you here!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Terry

Me

Post by Terry »

Thanks Wolfgang

Terry
Chris

Me

Post by Chris »

Hi Terry,

It's been a long time since the CULE days, when I think we both did our first steps in .Net programming. It is very nice seeing you again now here, and I am sure you will notice some more familiar names...welcome!

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Terry

Me

Post by Terry »

Thanks Chris good to be here.

CULE - a long way back and how things have changed.

Terry