WebUI?

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
FFF

WebUI?

Post by FFF »

Folks,
is it only me, or changes this website's layout every other day? Last variant shows no borders round posts, Preview is broken etc.

Honestly, i rue every minute someone invests tinkering with this nonsense. Gimme my ng back!

Karl
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Phil Hepburn

WebUI?

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Yes Karl / guys,

Trouble and mess seen here in Newport over the last few days.

Can we just go back to how things were just after the New Year ?

Fingers crossed,
Phil.
robert

WebUI?

Post by robert »

Karl,
I am sorry to hear that you are frustrated with the Web UI.
I can assure you that nothing has changed on our side.
You will understand that with my absence we have tried to keep things as stable as possible.
And on my PC I still see borders.
See screenshot:
webui.png
webui.png (30.53 KiB) Viewed 241 times
If you see something else then it must be a change caused by a change in the browser.

And Phil, I can also still add attachments as you can see.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
FFF

WebUI?

Post by FFF »

Robert,
good to see you back, without frost-bites ;)

Tried to answer using the new "Enter your answer here" box, but there's no means to add an attachment, so hit "Go to editor..." - my entries were gone, but here i can attach the view at my site.
WebUI.PNG
WebUI.PNG (53.96 KiB) Viewed 241 times
Interestingly now i can hit Preview and see a reaction...
FTR, i start at home page, and use the links at the right hand side to reach the forum area.

Karl
Regards
Karl
FFF

WebUI?

Post by FFF »

Addendum: just had a go with Vivaldi-browser, here the borders are back. Switched to IE11 and also there no problem.
All in all, FF's "quantum leap" seems to be a bit jolty...
Regards
Karl
wriedmann

WebUI?

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Robert,

welcome back!

but there seems to be a change in the forum software: on my mobie phone the forums block is shown at the bottom of the page, not more at the side where it is located on the desktop.
And in the threads itself after each message there are the complete reply input fields, not only the "Action" button as before. This makes the page very long and hard to read.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Chris

WebUI?

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl,
Karl Faller wrote:Addendum: just had a go with Vivaldi-browser, here the borders are back. Switched to IE11 and also there no problem.
Ah, so I was probably right in waiting till others find nuances like that, before I update my firefox :)

Wolfgang & Phil, since Robert said that there was no change from the website part (I was suspecting a forum software update), maybe something changed in your end instead, some kind of browser update? Or MS released yet another brilliant windows update maybe? :)

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
rjpajaron

WebUI?

Post by rjpajaron »

Chris Pyrgas wrote:Hi Karl,
Karl Faller wrote:Addendum: just had a go with Vivaldi-browser, here the borders are back. Switched to IE11 and also there no problem.
Ah, so I was probably right in waiting till others find nuances like that, before I update my firefox :)

Wolfgang & Phil, since Robert said that there was no change from the website part (I was suspecting a forum software update), maybe something changed in your end instead, some kind of browser update? Or MS released yet another brilliant windows update maybe? :)

I am using Edge, I seen NO problem in my end and I am sending a lot into the forums lately <g>.

Chris
I seen nothing unusual. I am using Edge primarily. Latest and greatest Windows 10.

But yesterday, I cannot post attachment but I consider it traffic in my end. Attachment button is working now.

It is easier to communicate with screen shots but I could not do it yesterday.... so....

Regards,

Rene
robert

WebUI?

Post by robert »

Wolfgang,
Wolfgang Riedmann wrote:Hi Robert,
but there seems to be a change in the forum software: on my mobie phone the forums block is shown at the bottom of the page, not more at the side where it is located on the desktop.
And in the threads itself after each message there are the complete reply input fields, not only the "Action" button as before. This makes the page very long and hard to read.
There has been NO change to the forum software. However there was an update to another component (community builder, a component that we use to manage user profiles). This component is included in every page, it shows the logon and logout button on the top.
Maybe a change in a css or js file from this component causes problems with the forum software?

Which browser are you using on which phone ?

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
FFF

WebUI?

Post by FFF »

Robert,
as of now, formatting is back to usual on FF (no update in the meantime) - whatever had happened, it seems cleared.

HAND
Karl
Regards
Karl