going with the flow or History ? - QR displayed in X#

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi all Forum guys,

Just to show that my comment of "going with the flow" does NOT mean I forget History .....

I have just made my first WinForms applet in possibly ten years - felt a bit strange but I managed it, somehow.

I would like to report that X# may have done its first real 'go' at producing and reporting a QR image.

Check out the attached image file :-
RvdH_XScompiler112.jpg
RvdH_XScompiler112.jpg (116.25 KiB) Viewed 193 times
The code is obviously X# and the app does need a couple of DevExpress assemblies in the References section of the solution. See below for DX references :-
QRshowing_02.jpg
QRshowing_02.jpg (40.32 KiB) Viewed 193 times
Would anyone volunteer to help me, by trying to read from their screen the QR itself, and see what your mobile app reports back please. then tell us all here in the Forum.

Hope this interests a few ...

Best regards,
Phil.
Wales, UK.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Phil,

Now I will confess something that will make even Dick say that I live in the stone age and that I should go with the flow instead, but unfortunately I can't read your QR because I don't have a smartphone! :)

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
FFF

Post by FFF »

Phil,
i get the URI ;)
Should there be more?

Karl
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Karl,

No, not as yet (see below) - it was the test code from their (DX) sample.

Now that I know what to do I can make others - and - I have dug myself out of the dinosaur age and gotten my smart phone to read QRs as well. Chris is on his own now ;-0)

Apparently QRs are often used for websites and internet links. Just been reading up on them in a special little book.

Here is another, although we can easily see what it is supposed to say / contain.
QRshowing_03.jpg
QRshowing_03.jpg (69.14 KiB) Viewed 193 times
But this next one, especially crafted for yourself to read is ...........
QRshowing_04.jpg
QRshowing_04.jpg (60.12 KiB) Viewed 193 times
Now I will have to design a nice QR ready for Cologne ;-)

By the way what is the ASCII code for the 'o' with umlaut - so I can spell the city name as it should be ?

And what is the easiest way to type it while entering text ? It is years since I did the Welsh characters we use a lot locally here in Newport.

Cheers,
Phil.
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Karl,

Sorted it for 'Köln' !

It is a bit of a mess and a fiddle on my mini (cut down) keyboard without a special numeric keypad.

I have to press the (blue) 'Fn' key and then while holding down the 'Alt' key press the blue numeric keys (which are also normal keys in another mode). Then remember to de-select the numeric mode. Makes you want to go and ask / tell 'Alexa' or similar ;-)

So here is another step forward :-
QRshowing_11.jpg
QRshowing_11.jpg (64.43 KiB) Viewed 193 times
Have a nice day all,
Phil.