Creating QR codes at your end ..... test app

Public forum to share code snippets, screen shorts, experiences, etc.
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Forum guys,

Please try out a couple of small apps for me - they both produce QR codes and they are EXE fils (and RARed versions).

I am interested to see if all works A-Okay as they are both using DevExpress assemblies to create the QR codes.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiCBl-gBWjY9hcxoOaI3domPJifO4g
Good Luck, and please report back.
TIA,
Phil.
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Okay then,

Here is what I get at my end - BUT - I do already have the DLLs / assemblies installed. I do need your results too.

Can you reproduce the following ?
TwoByQRcodesOneDrive.jpg
TwoByQRcodesOneDrive.jpg (100.35 KiB) Viewed 158 times
Best of luck,
Phil.
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Forum guys,

For those of you who may be interested in generating QR codes, or even just using them, you may be keen to have a go at downloading a simple app written in X# and using WPF technology.

The few required WPF controls of the form are 'data-bound', and work nicely it would seem.

The following link should give you access to a OneDrive folder of mine where the EXE you require is called "WpfCreateQRcodeXS.exe".

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiCBl-gBWjY9hepsr0_B12mrh2vQsg
QRcodeCreation_11.jpg
QRcodeCreation_11.jpg (86 KiB) Viewed 158 times
The above image shows what you get after editing and entering the text as seen.

Obviously, follow the tooltip to click the Button when the text is completed and correct.

The binding is set to 'Property Changed' so as to feel more responsive to your editing.

A tooltip on the Image control reminds you to re-size the WPF Form so that any resultant QR code and text is displayed in suitable proportion, and therefore probably better for a mobile phone /device, to read it.

You can keep this handy so you can generate and screen capture any QR code you need to create and use / distribute. I have not sent the solution file as I am using DevExpress assemblies which you most probably don't have. We can sort that out for April 16 - 19 and the 'xBase.Live conference'.

Just had a thought - I will further add a feature to allow a choice of colour as well ;-0)

Have a nice Winter Olympics weekend !
Cheers,
Phil.
Wales, UK.

Phil.