Error in Example 1 that does not get mentioned.

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'm working on the tutorial:
https://www.xsharp.eu/help/example-1-th ... examp.html

and arrived at this step:

"This DLL is located in the Redist folder of your VO installation. Simply copy the “Cato3spl.dll” file from your VO Redist folder to the output folder as well as the MSVCRT.DLL and try again.
You can also add the DLLs to your project (Add Existing Item, and point to the DLLs in the Redist folder). This will copy them to the project folder. Then set the build action for the 2 DLLs to None and the “Copy to Output Directory” property to “Preserve Newest”. When you now build your app the DLL will be copied to the right folder."

I have done this succesfully with the two DLL's. They get succesfully copied to the Debug folder and the previous error has been resolved. Of course i rebuilded the whole application and i tried both the first method: to just add it. And the second method: Add Existing Item.

However, according the tutorial, it should work now and it does not, I get the following error:
error1.png
error1.png (68.45 KiB) Viewed 220 times
Here is the same error in Visual Studio:
error2.png
error2.png (57.37 KiB) Viewed 220 times
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Jelle,

Hmm, that's a very strange error to be happening! What is the version of the runtime dlls that you are using? Can you please zip the whole solution folder and send it to me or attach it in a message here to have a look?

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Jello5

Post by Jello5 »

Thanks for replying, you mean the Vulcan DLL's, right? 4.0.401.0 they say.
Here is the complete Solution:
Explorer.zip
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 27 times
Also, as a side note, I followed the other 3 examples after this and they all worked great!
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Jelle,

Thank you very much for sending the sample, turns out it is a problem with the way X# handles missing constructors. This feature was implemented after those help file topics were written and seems in some cases it does not work well.

We will look into it and fix this, in the meantime you can workaround the problem by manually adding the missing constructors. So just copy this code inside the CustomerListView and CustomerTreeView classes and it will work fine:

Code: Select all

CONSTRUCTOR(oOwner , xID , oPoint , oDimension , kStyle)
	SUPER(oOwner , xID , oPoint , oDimension , kStyle)
RETURN
hth,
Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Jello5

Post by Jello5 »

Thanks! This worked!