xsharp plugin doesn´t work

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
Karl-Heinz

Post by Karl-Heinz »

1. i copied the ILSpy.XSharpLanguage.Plugin.dll to my ilspy dir

2. After selecting "Xsharp" from the combobox i get the error that the method "ICSharpCode.Decompiler.DecompilerSettings.get_ExpandMemberDefinitions()" is not found.
See attached jpg. When i load the ICSharpCode.Decompiler.dll and search for "get_ExpandMemberDefinitions" or something like "ExpandMember" nothing is found.

- i´m running x64 Win8.1
- ilspy Version is 3.0.1.3459
- ILSpy.XSharpLanguage.Plugin.dll version is 1.0.65534.65534

any ideas what´s wrong ?

regards
Karl-Heinz
Attachments
XsharpPluginErr.jpg
XsharpPluginErr.jpg (45.81 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Karl-Heinz

Post by Karl-Heinz »

what does the forum-software do with my jpg ????

Here´s a link to get a readable image.

www.rauscher-software.de/downloads/XsharpPluginErr.jpg
FFF

Post by FFF »

Karl-Heinz,
same os here,
my exe shows ILSpy version 3.1.0.3652,
the dll is "yours.
- For me, it runs ;)

BTW, @Chris,Fabrice, looking into some code i see things like:

Code: Select all

public virtual property Response as HttpResponse 
		getend get
		private setend set
no idea what "getend" should be - is this "right"?

Thx
Karl
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Chris

Post by Chris »

Guys,

You need to use the version of ILSpy that Fabrice mentioned, from https://github.com/icsharpcode/ILSpy/releases

Karl, it looks like some CRLFs are missing from the code. There should be a new line between "get" and "end" in "getend" :)

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Karl-Heinz

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Hi Chris,

I´m using IlSpy since several years - current version (was): 3.0.1.3459. i thought that when i select "Check for Updates" i *always* get a notify when a newer version is available. Because i got the hint "You are using the latest version" i thought it´s enough to simply add the ILSpy.XSharpLanguage.Plugin.dll from the X# download site.

Anyway, after extracting the files from the mentioned zip i´m now on version 3.1.0.3652 and "XSharp" works.

regards
Karl-Heinz
Karl-Heinz

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Hi Karl,

>
> same os here,
>

i love 8.1 :-) Never any crashes or update problems, so I´ll stay with it til 10.01.2023 ;-).

regards
Karl-Heinz
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl-Heinz,
Karl-Heinz Rauscher wrote: I´m using IlSpy since several years - current version (was): 3.0.1.3459. i thought that when i select "Check for Updates" i *always* get a notify when a newer version is available. Because i got the hint "You are using the latest version" i thought it´s enough to simply add the ILSpy.XSharpLanguage.Plugin.dll from the X# download site.
Yes, I was caught by the exact same thing and was very puzzled. Guess it's a problem of the updating mechanism of ILSpy, although I am not absolutely certain, did not look more into it, just downloaded the new files and it worked. A small issue I guess, but ILSpy is too good (and free!) to complain about that :)

Btw, Win 7 works even better for me, especially when combined with Classic Shell, which undoes many of the design insaneties they are introducing in the last years...:)

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Chris,

I can confirm that there are times that a SPACE character is missed out in the X# code generated by the plug-in.

I have attached an image of the ILSpy code - look at the three lines either last, or second to last in the three Async methods - the 'await' keyword has a space missing that should follow it directly.

Luckily we can tell where the blue colour finishes and the black colour starts - this is where the space should be.

I may have another issue to report, BUT, the ILSpy plugin did get me a working program after a tweak or two ;-0)

Regards,
Phil.
FabF_ILSpyXSmissingSpaces_01.png
FabF_ILSpyXSmissingSpaces_01.png (178.35 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi Karl,
thanks for the feedback : I will try put this one in my todo list..but with VSIntegration and DBF RDD, priorities are getting hard to define ! :)

Fab
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu