Overtaking Vulcan Projects into X# Projects

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
ArneOrtlinghaus

Post by ArneOrtlinghaus »

I am working with Vulcan in VS. I have now installed the new X#-Release. So I tried to find a simple solution to overtake the projects into X#.
- First I have made a test project in X# and inserted the compiler settings as I have them in Vulcan.
- I have copied this file into the file Xsprojtemplate.txt as attached.
- I exchanged some project specific text with place holders for single values:
{VNGUID}, {VNNAME}, {VNOUTPUTPATH}
- I deleted the itemgroups and inserted a placeholder {VNITEMGRPS}
- Now with the code in XSConverter.prg I read the VNPROJ-File, read the data necessary, read the template, substitute the variables and save it as a XSPROJ-File in the same directory.
- To the item groups with the references the two DLLs VULCANRT and VULCANRTFUNCS have to be added.
- Then I made a new solution file and added the XSProj files using the same code.

Currently I am stuck with some compiler errors, but I am sure that with the next build of X# I can go on.

Arne
Attachments
xsprojtemplate.txt
(3.53 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
xsconverter.txt
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
robert

Post by robert »

Arne,
Thanks for your contribution.
For the next build of X# we are planning to include a tool inside Visual Studio that will read a solution, and process all Vulcan projects in the solution and will create X# project files for each project (with new project guids) , and which will adjust all references between projects to make sure that all references are updated. Finally a new version of the solution is created.

We already have a command line version of the tool, but it needs a proper UI.
I will look at your code and will see if there is anything in there that we are missing.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu