Some feedback from a novice

Have some feedback and input to share?
Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Guys, I am totally new to X# and only looked at Vulcan briefly once. I am glad to see the development and to be honest I am quite excited.
I also have some experience / feedback that only valid for a short while as once I get familiar with the site and X# I will not remember:
I think the menu for the downloads is not exactly meaningful and clear or self explanatory, I think the setup files should be accessible from the main folder and not from under General/Setup, and perhaps Setup could be replaced with say X# Installer or something similar. I know once you know it is easy, but I was looking for it last night and could not locate.
I know I am "special" but there maybe other specials out in the big world that feel the same :-) - just in case.
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Tom,
tom@dieselworks.com.au wrote:
Hi Guys, I am totally new to X# and only looked at Vulcan briefly once. I am glad to see the development and to be honest I am quite excited.
I think the menu for the downloads is not exactly meaningful and clear or self explanatory, I think the setup files should be accessible from the main folder and not from under General/Setup, and perhaps Setup could be replaced with say X# Installer or something similar. I know once you know it is easy, but I was looking for it last night and could not locate.
I know I am "special" but there maybe other specials out in the big world that feel the same :-) - just in case.
I was actually busy writing a mail to Robert to ask for exactly that!
Lets give him a chance till tonight to reply or read the messages, otherwise I will forward your suggestion.

Regards,
tom@dieselworks.com.au

Post by tom@dieselworks.com.au »

So you are special too or at least sympathise with them? :-)
robert

Post by robert »

Tom,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will make that change asap.
Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu