Messages & login in this forum

Have some feedback and input to share?
Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
ic2

Post by ic2 »

I am coping as good as I can with the forum and despite the option to format text I find the forum compared to the NG like VS against VO.

Two things would make it a little bit better, not sure if this is something which can be configured:

1 I would like to see all messages on one page of a certain subject. Like an option to set the max number of messages? I realize in that case it only works when I login but it would make a discussion easier to follow. In the NG (Agent) I also needed manually to go through messages but I could see all thread repliers with date & time in the tree above and read the content of any of the messages much quicker than I can in the forum, especially when there are a lot of reactions.

2 Is it possible to return to the page from where you login? If I read a certain message, I now copy the URL before login in, otherwise I have to start locating the subject all over again. The browser's Back button often doesn't work, because the forum then thinks I am not logged in.

Dick
FFF

Post by FFF »

Dick,
i never log out, and i follow the "new" Items in the right hand pane. That makes it bearable...
BTW, is it only on my machine, that quoted texts are rendered using a massively bigger font?
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Karl,
i never log out,

You must be a goldmine for websites who analyze cookies. Even during the day I often close Firefox. All cookies are cleared. It's amazing how little any ad based system or cookie analyzing website knows from me. Also my Pc is switched off at night and over half the weekend using a Shutdown script which really performs a shutdown (which W10 shutdown does not). See page 4 of my article about it (Dutch only) should you be interested https://webwereld.nl/software/104844-zo ... s/pagina-4).

And yes, quotes are in a larger font here too.

Dick