Intellisense: Peek/goto definition stopped working

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
ic2

Post by ic2 »

I have the following code:

EXPORT oDBTranslate AS ic2DbServer

When I right click on it and either chose Peek or Goto definition, nothing happens in VS. I rechecked the VS Intellisense settings but as far as I can see everything is still set as it was, a mircacle on it's own.

In VO, I can choose to go to the class, init, preinit and postinit.

On further investigation it seems the whole Peek/Goto stopped working altogether. I tried typing an existing function and ended up with the error below as soon as I typed a parenthesis. I also opened the XML log (81 kb!) ; it's uploaded too but renamed to .txt as XML is not allowed.

I also still have VS 2015 installed and there it goes wrong exactly the same way. So I suspect it may be a X# issue with the latest release? Does this make any sense to any of you?

Dick
Attachments
ActivityLog.txt
(80.88 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
VSError.JPG
VSError.JPG (30.06 KiB) Viewed 268 times
IC2dbserver.JPG
IC2dbserver.JPG (24.19 KiB) Viewed 268 times
ic2

Post by ic2 »

I just found in the subscriber forum that it's a known bug. Hope it gets solved soon. Intellisense keeps being a bit of a trouble area but that doesn't surprise me with Visual Studio. I'm always surprised that something which worked yesterday still works today.

Oh, one thing more. articles just posted are called "COM_KUNENA_MESSAGE_CREATED_NEW " again. Robert fixed this a while ago.

Dick
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi Dick,
the error message you've posted indicate a file and it's location (c:Users....ActivityLog.xml)
Can you please get this file and send it to my email address fabrice@xsharp.eu ?
Thanks
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Done!
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Ok, thanks ! Got it, I will see what I can do.
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Thank you!

In the meantime I de-installed Bandol 3 and reinstalled version 120 of last April. This works fine with our projects as it seems now so you do not need to hurry.

I can quickly reinstall Bandol 3 should any of you be helped with looking what happens (with Teamviewer for example)

Dick
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Fabrice,

Yesterday I installed X# 120. Today (after de-installing VS 2015 and adding VS 2017 Community, next to Professional) I had to reinstall X#; otherwise VS does not recognize X#. So I took Bandol 3 again, and now it seems to work again!
So in case you don't find an obvious: cause de-installing and reinstalling seems to cure it. Which is not unusual when using VS: most programmers spend more time repairing and reinstalling VS or components than in programming :(