How to set build action to None in Xide

This forum is meant for examples of X# code.

Intexso

Post by Intexso »

Hello,

I am doing some testing for understanding the proces of porting VO applications to Xsharp. Now I am studying example 1 (The VO Explorer).

In the documentation the following is written (when solving the error message caused by the missing Cato3spl.dll):

This DLL is located in the Redist folder of your VO installation. Simply copy the “Cato3spl.dll” file from your VO Redist folder to the output folder as well as the MSVCRT.DLL and try again.
You can also add the DLLs to your project (Add Existing Item, and point to the DLLs in the Redist folder). This will copy them to the project folder. Then set the build action for the 2 DLLs to None and the “Copy to Output Directory” property to “Preserve Newest”. When you now build your app the DLL will be copied to the right folder.

I am using Xide. I have added Cato3spl.dll to the <references> section. But I don't see the option to set a build action or 'copy to outpu directory'. Trying to run causes now a 'Metadatafile '...' could not be opened - error.

Where can I find this options (or what am I doing wrong)?

Thanks in advance
Eric Boomsma
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Eric,

Those instructions are meant for VS, not for XIDE. For XIDE, just copy the files from your VO folder to the output folder of your app (by default in BinDebug and Release, where the .exe of your app is also generated) and it will be fine.

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Intexso

Post by Intexso »

Hi Chris,

Thanks. Okay.

I made a project in XIDE (SIKOS). In this project I try to add my converted (by VOXPorter) AEF as an application.

My first Application is Tools4VO (a library which contains several functions). Then I added another library (formal AEF) as Application. This uses functions of Tools4VO, so I added Tools4VO at the References section.
There is a DLL Tools4VO which I put in the BinDebug map.

Now I get the following error: error XS0009: Metadata file 'C:XIDEProjectsSIKOSBinDebugTools4VO.dll' could not be opened -- PE image doesn't contain managed metadata.

What am I doing wrong?

Eric
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Eric,

So Tools4VO is your own library, written in VO, right? You need to first port this library in X# (same way, using VOXporter), compile it and then add a reference in your main app (SIKOS) to this new dll file, generated by X#. Of course if you need help while porting the library, please let us know!

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
Intexso

Post by Intexso »

Hi,
I see my problem. There were some errors in the library Tools4VO. In this library the function PClone() and Memory() were used and they are not in X#. I removed this code and the library compiled without errors.

After that, the XS0009 error was gone.

Thanks. I am going on with testing my conversion to X#...

Eric
Chris

Post by Chris »

Great to hear success stories! :)
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu