How can I add a .xsproj to my project (in XIDE)?

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Intexso

Post by Intexso »

Hello,

I downloaded the fabxszip from fabtoys.net. Now I try to embed this in my application.

There are some folders with .prg, .dll, en .xsproj files. I am using XIDE.

How can I best add/import this tools in my application? (The files with this extensions can't be added/imported as project or as application. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Eric
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Eric,

This is a VS only solution, but it's also a perfect example to demonstrate how to share the same code form both VS and XIDE. Will send you a XIDE project file in a moment.

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Chris

Post by Chris »

Here's the XIDE equivalent project file for FabXSZip. Please unzip the file and put the FabXSZip.viproj in the base folder (where also FabXSZip.sln is located) and the Form1.resources inside the FabXSZip_Test folder (where also Form1.resx is located).

Now you can either select "Add" in the opening XIDE project selection string to add the project to the list (by selecting the FabXSZip.viproj file), or you can simply double click on that file, tell Windows to open this type of files with XIDE.exe and the project will now open, you can normally compile and run it.

XIDE will be now using the same exact code files as VS is also using. Only issue is the form that is included is designed in VS and you cannot open it in the designer in XIDE. It is not difficult to port that so that it opens in the XIDE designer instead, but then it will not open in the VS designer, this is a choice that has to be made.

Chris
Attachments
FabXSZip_XIDE.zip
(2.7 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
Intexso

Post by Intexso »

Hi Chris,

Now FabXSZip is on my XIDE :-)

I hardly dare to ask, but could you also make a XIDE project for FabPaintLib?

Or is there a description somewhere how I can do it myself?

Eric
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Eric,

Here it is! The .viproj file goes again in the same folder as the .sln, the .resources file must go in the folder VN_PaintLib_Test. Also you need to open the project once in XIDE, and when you do it, it will generate a Bin folder in the base directory. Please copy in BinDebug the files FreeImage.dll and FreeImageNET.dll that you will find in VN_PaintLib_TestDebug.

In order to create this, the steps were:
- Create a new project, with the same name as the solution and select the solution folder for the XIDE project folder
- For each library:
- - Create a new library in XIDE, specifying the same name and folder as the VS library
- - Select from the Project context menu Add Existing->Add Files and select all the files of the app folder
- - Add references to the library, the same references the library is using in VS
- - Set the same compiler options as well, it's more or less all VO compatibility options enabled for those libs

then it might need some micro adjustments, but basically that's it. Of course it would had been much easier if there was an option to do all that automatically, will try to implement that soon.

Chris
Attachments
FabPaintLibTest_XIDE.zip
(3.91 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
Intexso

Post by Intexso »

Thanks again Chris!
Intexso

Post by Intexso »

Hello Chris,

In this project includes are used, like
#include "VOSystemLibrary.vh"
#include "VOWin32APILibrary.vh"
where can I find these files?

Eric
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Eric,

you shoud be able to remove them if you have added the sdk_defines.dll to your project.

This library contains them all.

You can see here https://docs.xsharp.it/doku.php?id=vulcan:defines a bit of background information.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Intexso

Post by Intexso »

Hi Wolfgang,
Thanks. This works.
Eric