XIDE: How to add app icon and use Assembly.prg

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
SHirsch

Post by SHirsch »

Hi,

how can I add an icon for my exe file and still have the version info from Assembly.prg in file properties available? (see att.)
I tried Properies -> Application Icon.
Is there another way?

Stefan
Attachments
NoIcon.PNG
NoIcon.PNG (17.28 KiB) Viewed 194 times
WithIcon.PNG
WithIcon.PNG (14.77 KiB) Viewed 194 times
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Stefan,

The only way I know to do this, is to manuall provide a native resource which also provides this information.

Please try the attached .rc file, edit it so it contains your information add it to your app/library with Add Existing->Add Native resources (not regular resources, has to be "native"). You should now have both an app icon and also version info.

Chris
Attachments
version.zip
(447 Bytes) Downloaded 28 times
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
robert

Post by robert »

Stefan,
If you app has native resources (rc files, like VO window or menu resources) then you need an native versioninfo to set the version. Otherwise you can add an AssemblyInfo.prg with assembly attributes. The compiler will set the information from these attributes also as version info on the DLL/EXE.
An example from a assemblyinfo.prg is in every new X# project inside Visual Studio.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
SHirsch

Post by SHirsch »

Hi Chris,

I tried in Visual Studio. There I have added an icon resource and set the application icon. The information from AssemblyInfo.prg is still used.
But how can this be done in XIDE? Without using native resources.

Stefan
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Stefan,

Hmm, I don't think this is possible, as Robert said, if you have any other native resources, you need to use the version info in native resources as well. Maybe we are both missing something though, so can you please zip and send me the VS solution where you have this working?

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu