X# with 3D images in WPF

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
AlwynJB

X# with 3D images in WPF

Post by AlwynJB »

Hi all,
I thought it perhaps worth mentioning that I converted an application from Vulcan.NET to X# much of which concerns navigation etc of 3D images in a Viewport3D control which is overlaid with a transparent 2D 'overlay' on which graphics concerning the underlying 3D objects are shown and linked. So, graphically, quite complex.

The conversion went without incident. (It had no VO code in case that's relevant.) Well done team! Can't fault it.

Alwyn J-B
Terry

X# with 3D images in WPF

Post by Terry »

Hi Alwyn

Remembering some of what you've demonstrated previously, including complexity and component diversity, I'd say this is a great "Thumbs Up" for XSharp and your conversion process.

There is no better way of sharing info than face-to-face meetings and I have been wondering if there would be merit in trying to re-establish some UG meetings in the UK - say quarterly, location Swindon/Oxford/Reading or thereabouts. What do you think?

Does anyone else have ideas on the subject?

Terry
AlwynJB

X# with 3D images in WPF

Post by AlwynJB »

Hi Terry,
I'd be interested if not to far away. Swindon would be fine. Or Shrewton again. We have a smaller and cheaper hall.
Best wishes,
Alwyn
robert

X# with 3D images in WPF

Post by robert »

Alwyn,

If you let me know in time, I might be able to join as well.
And if you plan it in / around a weekend, I might even be able to convince my wife that we have to go to the UK <g>.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
AlwynJB

X# with 3D images in WPF

Post by AlwynJB »

Hi Robert,

That would be great but you'd want to meet more than just the two of us!

We'll get back to you if we can get a group going again. But lots of other things to do, so I doubt it will be soon!

Thanks for the idea though.

Alwyn
Terry

X# with 3D images in WPF

Post by Terry »

Hi Alwyn/All

My initial thoughts were for a venue which would be an easy evening commute ie close to motorway links, with, say, quarterly meetings.

Maybe augmented with less frequent, longer meetings which may require overnight stops, more planning etc. etc. In this latter case Shrewton would be ideal. Shrewton, for me at anyrate is a bit far for evening commute.

Suggest we see what others think, and then perhaps arrange a one-off, commutable distance, initial meeting to decide on future course.

Terry
AlwynJB

X# with 3D images in WPF

Post by AlwynJB »

Very happy with all of that.

Alwyn