Data-driven article series

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi all,

I know I was quiet lately with new articles. The download page shows 245 hits for Article 1 and 170 already for article 12. Thanks, hope it is read too... :woohoo:

Just out of curiosity, do you find it useful? I know it might be a bit long and to keep track of where I am going with it. Any suggestions or something you would like to see covered?

I am busy with Article 13 and will hopefully have a usable application ready with Article 14. After which I will try and bring in some additional "nice-to-have" functionality.

Take care,
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Johan,

The problem with the articles is that they are not easy to find. I remember that I wanted to start reading it the last time and just as today I have no idea where they are. I would expect them under main menu Articles. I did find them earlier somewhere but if I can't find them quickly others will miss them too.

If Robert could make it more prominent I will start reading them and let you know.

Dick
robert

Post by robert »

Come on Dick, you can do better !
- Go to the website
- Type Data Driven in the search box on the top right corner
- You will see a list of articles (including this article)
- Look for the article with "Article 12 was published"
- Click on that article.
- It says in the text "You can download it from: followed by a link
- Click on that link and you will see all articles

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
ic2

Data-driven article series - Download link

Post by ic2 »

Hello Johan,

That is quick! Indeed, that's were I saw it. But I think it deserves a better link than hidden in the download section. It looks very detailed and professional. I will start reading one or 2 a day and come back to you with my comments.

BTW: I noted that we haven't heard from Phil for months. Does anyone has an idea why not?

Dick
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Robert,

Below the first few search results (apart from this forum article) using "data driven" which I already did BTW. Useful isn't it?

So what you are telling me is that I should go through a list of 7 steps, then click each of the 29 resulting links hoping in that link there's a link where I can actually find the article?

Come on Robert, you can do better. In the time you typed this reply you could have created a link in the main menu Articles instead. If I can't find the articles lots of others can't find it either but they just give up. Johan deserves more attention with this work than let users try to locate it using the search function.

Dick

Zoeken

Totaal: 29 resultaten gevonden.
Zoeken naar:
Alle woorden Ieder woord Exacte zin
Volgorde:
Zoek alleen in:
Kunena Reacties Knowledgebase Categorieën Artikelen Nieuwsfeeds Tags
Toon #

Pagina 1 van 2

1. <span class="highlight">Data</span>-<span class="highlight">driven</span> article series - Download li ...
(Chit-Chat)
Hello Johan, That is quick! Indeed,...
Gemaakt op 28 november 2018
2. <span class="highlight">Data</span>-<span class="highlight">driven</span> article series ...
(Chit-Chat)
Come on Dick, you can do better ! - Go...
3. <span class="highlight">Data</span>-<span class="highlight">driven</span> article series - Download li ...
(Chit-Chat)
4. <span class="highlight">Data</span>-<span class="highlight">driven</span> article series ...
(Chit-Chat)
Hello Johan, The problem with the...
5. <span class="highlight">Data</span>-<span class="highlight">driven</span> article series ...
(Chit-Chat)
Hi all, I know I was quiet lately with...
Gemaakt op 27 november 2018
6. Time passes...
(Chit-Chat)
Hi Arne, My story a bit different....
Gemaakt op 24 november 2018
7. Which version of VO are you using ?
(Product)
Hi Wolfgang, Sorry to hear, my...
Gemaakt op 26 oktober 2018
8. Which version of VO are you using ?
(Product)
Hi Johan, maybe I have the wrong...
9. Which version of VO are you using ?
(Product)
Hi Wolfgang, Remember Data-driven.... I... ...
10. Usage of X#