Hello again - nice to be back !

Public forum to share code snippets, screen shorts, experiences, etc.
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Pearl guys of the XSharp variety, I look forward to contributing.

I am just returning to coding after a 6 month break following the end of the xBase Conference in Cologne - Robert would call it a sabbatical, I called it a woodworking break to freshen my mind ;-0)

I am going to start my X# work with transferring over all my material I developed on LINQ in C# some couple of years back. I have been waiting to be able to make an xBase version for you, of this work, for what seems like an age. Now I seem to have the chance to make it stick in X#.

I will need help form the Team with the required syntax, and how to use anonymous types in X#. But since I have a lot of useful and working C# code we ought to get Roslyn to work in our favour. Well, that's the theory.

I look forward to helping out, and passing on such 'stuff' to my friends and colleagues. With luck I will have some nice material for Cologne 2017 - April 24th - 28th I believe.

Hope to see you all there.

Best Regards,
Phil.
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Phil,

it is nice to "see" you here!

I don't think I can be helpful, as I'm too much a beginner, but Chris and Robert are doing a fantastic job here, and not only that: the development team is listening to us. There are several features in the language that were implemented on user request.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Frank Maraite

Post by Frank Maraite »

Hi Phil,

welcome back! I'm very interested in your LINQ examples in X#.

Frank
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Frank and other friends,

Its also nice to be back, and coding again - a good hobby for the Autumn and Winter days ;-0)

However, my woodworking "out building" is new and well insulated - dry and warm - so I won't be giving up my woodworking exactly, just cutting back on it for a little while.

You may be interested to know that over four years ago I had completed many sections of a 'ClickStart' eVolume on LINQ with C# - and also covering database access to SQL and even going as far as Entities using EF.

I am now hoping to make all this development work available to xBase guys and XSharp folk via these News Group forums.

I hope over the coming months that you start to enjoy LINQ as mush as I now do.

Attached is an outline of the contents of my work-in-progress "ClickStartLINQ" eLearning site.

Cheers,
Phil.
Attachments
AnonTypes_23.jpg
AnonTypes_23.jpg (55.44 KiB) Viewed 172 times