Visibility of the DBServer class

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Karl-Heinz

Post by Karl-Heinz »

local oDB as DBServer

oDB := DBServer { "Test" }

to compile this you must add the references:

VORDDClasses
VOSystemClasses

But you still get a "Type or Namespace DBServer not found" compile error. If you check the compiler setting "/INS" it compiles and the namespace "VO" is silently added to the assembly. However, in XIDE -and i think in VS too ? -, still neither a Tooltip nor the DBServer methods etc. Listbox are displayed. To make them visible you must manually add the namespace "VO" to your code.

USING VO

Now the DBserver Tooltip and Listbox are shown, and - at least in this context - "/INS" no longer needs to be checked. It would be nice if the DBServer would automatically become visible - like the runtime funcs do - as soon a VORDDClasses reference is added.

regards
Karl-Heinz
robert

Post by robert »

Karl-Heinz ,

In VS this works.For XIDE Chris probably is checking for the ClassLibrary attribute and ImplicitNamespace attribute from Vulcan but not yet for the same attributes in the XSharp runtime. This is a relatively small thing to implement and shoud be available in the next release of XIDE.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
Chris

Post by Chris »

Karl-Heinz,

Yeah, it's what Robert said, XIDE still assumes you are using the vulcan runtime. Can't change it fully to X# runtime yet, since it is still under development and many people are still using the vulcan one.

I wanted to avoid the complexities and effort of implementing support for both at the same time, because this will only be for a very small period of time, soon the vulcan runtime will be completely history, so that extra code will be soon useless.

But having said that, I see that it becomes important to have better support for this also during testing, so I will add proper support at least for the /ins setting, will send you an update.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu