New forum template

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
robert

New forum template

Post by robert »

Today we have implemented a new forum template. This template should make it easier to find topics on this website .
We have also added a search menu item on the top of the forum pages as well as several other menu items.
If you have additional suggestions, please let us know.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
ic2

New forum template

Post by ic2 »

Hello Robert,

First impression is that this is really looking better. I did have an issue however: I clicked on Quick Reply (Snel antwoord) for Juraj's WPF question and after I sent it (Toevoegen/Add) it was gone. Fortunately I usually copy anything I enter on websites in my text editor program Textpad because more than once something goes wrong. I remember Quick reply malfunctioned earlier.

Reply worked fine however.

Apart from the off line and better overview advantages of a newsreader (I use Agent) the main problem with the forum is that you can not see the hierarchy of replies. In the NG I could select any message to react on and my reaction would be indented below the message I replied on. In the forum it is not clear on which of the messages one is answering.

As with most of today's programs I still think that the advantage (for the forum that is: being able to enter a layout with formatted text and pictures) does not outweigh the disadvantages (the just mentioned indentation for replies, use without login or internet connection). However I fully understand why you switched.

Dick