Option to keep CLASS + name in XPorter output

Have some feedback and input to share?
Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
ic2

Post by ic2 »

In quite a few VO modules we have a number of classes in one module. But even if we don't have that it is hard to find to which class a method belongs. Especially on a Xported project I expect an endless upwards browsing/searching until I find a CLASS statement somewhere and then the same direction back to find the code I was looking at.

Would it be possible to leave the CLASS xxx code in XPorted output (I would say as an option)? That would make the X# code much more readable. I know that it's officially redundant because somewhere in the code there's a class and somewhere else there's an endclass but I consider adding CLASS xxx like in VO absolutely necessary to have a little bit of overview in the mess which is called "Visual Studio".

The compiler does not seem to have any problems with CLASS xxx behind the method.

Dick
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi,

I would also like to have this choice.... In the migration phase this would help a lot.
After that, using XIDE, usually I create a folder and distribute the various classes in different files:
KdAuftrag_XIDE.png
KdAuftrag_XIDE.png (4.6 KiB) Viewed 397 times
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Chris

Post by Chris »

Guys, please check the first option in the VOXporter window at the top right :)

I do see a problem with this option and the XApp class though, will take care of it.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Ah yes indeed....Great!

It should be off by default ;)

Can we also get rid of the annoying "Please this important information" window? If someone hasn't seen the !!!VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!! info then it is his/her own fault. I have to click multiple times in the window before I can continue. Or did I miss a setting here too?

Dick
robert

Post by robert »

Dick,
If you are working in Visual Studio then the left combobox above the editor window show you in which class you are. And if you see (Global Scope) then you are inside a function, procedure or on a line with a define or global. The right combobox displays the method/function name where you are (in case you are in a very long method./function and you can't see the first line of the method.
Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Chris,

grrrr... how could I overlook that!

Of course also XIDE shows the correct class in the toolbar, but I had changed a few times the method in the wrong class because I looked not goo enough...

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
FFF

Post by FFF »

Dick,
go to the ini file, there's an option to set by hand ;)
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Chris

Post by Chris »

Dick, as Karl said, you can edit the VOXporter.ini file and set NOWARNINGSCREEN=1. Or you can simply delete the ReadMe.rtf file :)
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Replying to #7/8:

Hello Chris, (& Karl)

It seems that you really have been thinking about everything! For most software (often Microsoft) annoyances are there to stay. In X# there's already a solution programmed before I noticed the annoyance.

Again X# truly deserves the extending of FoX programs I have.

Dick
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Replying to #5,

Hello Robert,

You are right about the class but that I think that is also what I mean with "VS is a mess". One brief look at a method in VO and you see directly where you're working on and the use of colors emphasizes it:

METHOD Something ) CLASS MyClass

In VS you have to discover where in the screen information is hidden. Users call VS powerful because "you can do everything with it" but if so most if it is not obvious and/or it is hidden.

While in VO In can open my program and directly see which entities were left uncompiled, last time I left, I have to recompile at every start in VS because when I reopen my converting-work-in-progress it looks like it has no errors. Then the error messages do not specify in which method they occur. I have to open-click it first. There's a copy option and then what you copy looks like this:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error XS9010 The function 'PCount' is only supported in functions or methods with CLIPPER calling convention (and not in ACCESS or ASSIGN methods) iConnect Library C:XporterOutputiConnect LibraryWebteksten DHTML.prg 706

So I always have to select the real error (who on earth wants to copy "Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State" with an error?) in order to start searching for the cause.

I was wondering: which well hidden option or other parts of the screen did I miss here? I checked all right mouse menu's and other parts of the screen to see if the real info I was looking for was hidden somewhere else but so far I didn't find it.

Dick