current state of VS integration and intellisense ?

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Fabrice,

Please can you inform me as to the current state of the VS integration, and intellisense availability, if any. Have we any X# plug-in for Reflector ?

I am managing well in VS generally, as I develop suitable session materials to offer for Cologne 2017. But I seem to have little in the way of any support, or tools, while working in the X# editor - with my code on LINQ and related stuff like Anonymous Types and Lambda expressions with method syntax.

I was wondering if there are any files and extensions etc., which I should have installed and linked to with my VS 2015 version install. This is all quite new to me so I need some guidance.

Have we any likely timescales for stuff that may be useful ?

Hoping that you work is going well, and looking good ;-0)

Best regards,
Phil.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi Phil,

Intellisens support is still a work in progress :
I'm trying to implement it based on the Roslyn's Workspaces in order to have access to all Roslyn informations, instead of guess them, which should allow us to a more porwerfull auto-completion, but not only : Code formatting, Var renaming, etc will also be part of the new capabilities.

Reflector plug-in already exist :
I will check asap, and put it into the download section.

Cheers,
Fabrice
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks - this information is much as I had guessed it would be. I can wait ;-0)

However, the plug-in would be nice to have I feel, C# to X#.

I am doing VERY well I feel, with the development of the LINQ related material, hopefully which I can show in Cologne - if Michael and Meinhard wish it.

Currently I have a problem with some coding for accessing data in anonymous types I have successfully created. I will post in the correct place / forum.

I am now starting to do stuff that I didn't get around to in C#, and I did a lot of C# work with LINQ and its related topics. This says a lot for X# and Roslyn ;-0)

Best regards,
Phil.