DataBrowser initialization is throwing error in X# - VO dialect Winform

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
ArunBerlin

Re: DataBrowser initialization is throwing error in X# - VO dialect Winform

Post by ArunBerlin »

Hi Chris,

Copied the following DLLs from VO folder to the app exe folder. Still same error occurred.

CATO3DAT.DLL
CATO3MSK.DLL
CATO3NBR.DLL
CATO3SBR.DLL
CATO3SPL.DLL
Cato3tbr.dll
CATO3TIM.DLL
robert

Post by robert »

Arun,
Maybe you have added customizations to the Browser and maybe these need to be adjusted.
Does your code have any references to LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress() ?

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
ArunBerlin

Post by ArunBerlin »

Hi Robert,

Looks like there's so customization to DataBrowser control. Also no reference to LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress().
I've installed the latest XSharp release XSharpSetupPublic2.16.0.5. Still I couldn't find XSharp.VOGUIClasses.dll in it.

Only VOGUIClasses.dll exist inside the path - C:\Program Files (x86)\XSharp\Assemblies\
robert

Post by robert »

Arun,
ArunBerlin wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:51 am Hi Robert,

Looks like there's so customization to DataBrowser control. Also no reference to LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress().
I've installed the latest XSharp release XSharpSetupPublic2.16.0.5. Still I couldn't find XSharp.VOGUIClasses.dll in it.

Only VOGUIClasses.dll exist inside the path - C:\Program Files (x86)\XSharp\Assemblies\
That DLL XSharp.VOGuiClasses is for FOX subscribers only.
So you need to download the installer for the subscribers to get that.

https://www.xsharp.eu/itm-downloads/dl- ... r=Compiler

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Arun,
maybe there is something to make clear: if you are making the migration of a VO application, the VOGUIClasses.dll is the DLL to use (together with the VORDDClasses.dll, the VOGUIClasses.dll and the VOSQLClasses.dll. Only with these DLLs you can count on a succesful and relatively easy migration.
Of course, after a completed migration you can integrate some Windows Forms windows in your application (or the inverse: integrate some of your datawindows in a X# Windows Forms application).
If your application work with these DLLs and you like to move your application to a newer architecture as Windows Forms is, then you can use the XSharp.VOGUIClasses.dll together with the XSharp.VORDDClasses.dll, the XSharp.VOSystemClasses.dll and the XSharp.VOSqlClasses.DLL. These DLLs can be used in AnyCPU mode and are for a large part strongly typed.
But they have a few drawbacks:
- you need to be a FoX subscriber to have them in your installation (since you are installing 2.16 I suspect you are not because the actual subscriber version is 2.17)
- until 2.18 they have some things that don't work
- you will miss 3rd party tools like bBrowser and ReportPro (for now, may change in the future)
- these libraries are largely compatible, but not at 100% specially if you are using low level enhancements to the GUI classes, and the strong typing needs some attention when overwriting some methods. So you may be prepared to invest some work in this migration.

Said that, I can assure you that I have migrated a small demo application to these classes in less than a hour, and it work very well.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
ArunBerlin

Post by ArunBerlin »

Hi,

I'm a FOX subscriber.
Yes, I'm trying to migrate VO application to X# in .NET. Only VOGUIClasses.dll (together with the VORDDClasses.dll and the VOSQLClasses.dll) gets compiled.

This is the exception thrown:
Description : Cannot load library: CATO3CNT.DLL
Subsystem : GUI Classes
GenCode : EG_UNKNOWN Unknown GenCode
FuncSym : DATABROWSER:LOADCONTAINERDLL
Severity : ES_ERROR
Can Default : False
Can Retry : False
Can Substitute : False
Tries : 1

Copied the following DLLs from VO folder to the app exe folder. Still same error occurred.

CATO3DAT.DLL
CATO3MSK.DLL
CATO3NBR.DLL
CATO3SBR.DLL
CATO3SPL.DLL
Cato3tbr.dll
CATO3TIM.DLL
CATO3CNT.DLL
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Arun,
for the Windows Forms GUI Classes do you need the XSharp.VOGUIClasses.dll, not the VOGUIClasses.dll.
And IMHO you will have to wait for 2.18 that should be released this or next week. I was not able to make work my sample with the 2.17 version of the library. With the 2.18 version it worked:
17-10-2023_15-43-56.png
But with the VOGUIClasses.DLL the DataBrowser should work - maybe you are compiling in AnyCPU or x64 mode?
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Arun,
ArunBerlin wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:37 pm Hi,

I'm a FOX subscriber.
Yes, I'm trying to migrate VO application to X# in .NET. Only VOGUIClasses.dll (together with the VORDDClasses.dll and the VOSQLClasses.dll) gets compiled.

This is the exception thrown:
Description : Cannot load library: CATO3CNT.DLL
Subsystem : GUI Classes
GenCode : EG_UNKNOWN Unknown GenCode
FuncSym : DATABROWSER:LOADCONTAINERDLL
Severity : ES_ERROR
Can Default : False
Can Retry : False
Can Substitute : False
Tries : 1

CATO3DAT.DLL
CATO3MSK.DLL
CATO3NBR.DLL
CATO3SBR.DLL
CATO3SPL.DLL
Cato3tbr.dll
CATO3TIM.DLL
CATO3CNT.DLL

Most likely, the files are still missing from the folder where the app is run from. Maybe you copied the files to the release folder, but the exe you run is in the debug folder? It must be something like that.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu