XS2ADO Samples Problem

This forum is the place to discuss issues related to ReportPro, Xs2Ado, Vo2Ado, bBrowser and other 3rd party products
omoser

XS2ADO Samples Problem

Post by omoser »

Hello,
i started to convert my Application from Vo 2.8 to X#.
We use Vo2ADO, so i started with the base classes,
but directly run into the first problem.
With the bBrowser demos everything worked fine, but the
XS2DO Samples has this Include Command, but i do not find this file anywhere:

#include "VOWin32APILibrary.vh"

I referenced the VOWin32APILIbrary of course, but where can i find this .VH File?
Did i miss something, is there a newer version of the Samples?
Thanks for your help,
Best regards,
Oliver
robert

XS2ADO Samples Problem

Post by robert »

Oliver,
I am sorry for this. This is a remainder of the Vulcan days (and the file is still there on my development machine).
If your app has a reference to the VOWin32ApiLibrary then you can delete these #include lines.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
omoser

XS2ADO Samples Problem

Post by omoser »

Thanks Robert for the quick reply,
i will check and try this ASAP...
BR Oliver
Kees Bouw

Re: XS2ADO Samples Problem

Post by Kees Bouw »

Hi All,

I am also having problems with the Xs2Ado samples. I have removed all the references to "VOWin32APILibrary.vh" (there were 11) but I still get compilation errors like these:

F:\XSHARP\Samples\Xs2Ado\Server\Explorer_DataLv\Resources\Help About.HelpAboutDialog.rc(8,0): error RC2104: undefined keyword or key name: DS_3DLOOK

F:\XSHARP\Samples\Xs2Ado\AdoX\Explorer_ADOX\Resources\Help About.HelpAboutDialog.rc(12,0): error RC2104: undefined keyword or key name: SS_ICON

The background is that I am having strange problems with using queries with parameters and I would like to check the samples in an effort to create a sample where the problem can be demonstrated.

Any help getting the samples to work is appreciated!

Kees.
robert

Post by robert »

Kees,
The samples were originally created for Vulcan and by accident have a reference to a Vulcan Header file.
In the following folder on Github you can find these header files:
https://github.com/X-Sharp/XSharpPublic ... ts/Include

Copy the files to your \Program Files (x86)\XSharp\Include folder and you should be able to compile the examples

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
Kees Bouw

Post by Kees Bouw »

Hi Robert,

Thank you, this fixed the errors and the samples now seem to work. FYI, I did get another build error:

Error MSB3030 Could not copy the file "F:\BP\Xs2AdoIf\Xs2Ado.Interfaces.dll" because it was not found. Explorer_DataLv C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets 4968

When I clicked on MSB3030 which appeared to be a link, nothing happened.

So I created this folder and copied the file (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Xs2Ado\Assembly) but the error remained. Then I did a "Clean Solution" and a build and the error disappeared!

There are 32 warnings as well but I guess I can ignore these.

Kees.