Porting VO Forms to Winform or WPF

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Alf

Post by Alf »

Thanks, great job.
Alf
JohnBonnett88

Post by JohnBonnett88 »

Hi Chris,

I think you may be able to help me here. I am just looking at using that Windows forms code generated by the exporter. I have a large VS solution with a bunch of X# and C# projects in it. I only just discovered I can add a WinForms item to an X# project and it creates the same sorts of files as doing it in C#. It will also work in the Forms designer. I can also see that by copying in the forms code created by the exporter, into the corresponding files in the project, I should be able to create WinForms versions of the VOGUI forms I already have. I would then need to, perhaps manually, link up the event routines.

Is that the best way to go about it, or is there some other tools I can use? If this is covered in other documentation or in one of your YouTube videos, just point me in the right direction.

Best regards,
John
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi John,

This is as far as the automated process goes, it just takes the VO window and creates the equivalent GUI items in WinForms. I agree it's a good starting point, but the bulk of the job will be adjusting the code and event handlers from VO style to WinForms appropriate code. Theoretically, it might be possible to automate this process, too, but I'm afraid this would be a very big side project to start!
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu