Date issue - extremely frustrating!

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
Karl-Heinz

Post by Karl-Heinz »

BiggyRat wrote:FOUND IT!!!!!

This one line caused ALL this:

SetInternational(#Clipper)

Took it out, everything works as it should. Thank you all very very much for your assistance.... again :/
Hi Jeff,

mmmh, wasn´t the reason you switched to Setinternational (#Clipper) because the "am" "pm" time didn´t work with Setinternational (#Windows) ?

anyway, attached is a aef that uses the VO-DataBrowser. The only problem i see is if you start with setcentury(false) and switch at runtime via the checkbox to setcentury ( true) the Date in the hiredate column is truncated to e.g. "02/06/201" . i think that´s a VO-Databrowser bug in the way a record buffer is build. The bBrowser does not show this behaviour.

The Path to the used date.dbf is hard coded. See modul "Start"

GLOBAL gcPfad := "D:Test" AS STRING

regards
Karl-Heinz
Attachments
DateFormat.ZIP
(4.81 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
robert

Post by robert »

Jeff,
You should have looked at the X# docs ;) :

https://www.xsharp.eu/runtimehelp/html/ ... onal_1.htm

As you can see SetInternational(#Clipper) resets the Century, DateFormat and many other settings. This is a function that you should only call once in your app and never again.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

Hello Karl-Heinz, yes, it was why I used it, but as with the date problem, it kept playing up, so I gave up on it. Too big a headache. :) Thanks very much I'll look at the AEF now :)