Using DTP:IsNone

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
Chris

Post by Chris »

BiggyRat wrote:LMAO! I'm not that paranoid Chris, but I do know the way I have my aef files won't please you guys one iota. I have since changed my ways, but this app has the old way... ALL screens/forms in one MEF, Servers in another etc. I'll extract the relevant stuff put them in another aef and see how it goes.
Don't worry, everybody has or has had his own style and nobody is here to judge. You may get suggestions, if you ask for them, but nobody will or should attack you.

If it makes you feel better, personally I always prefer having as much code and editors in as less modules/prg files as possible. In my (old) VO apps, I have several modules with dozens of windows in each of them. In XIDE, some of its .prg files consists of more than 10,000 (!) lines and there are some functions more than 500 lines long. I know many people would never do that and would strongly advice against it, but this is the style that makes myself more productive, so I just do it my way.

So please do not worry and do send samples demonstrating the issues you are seeing. Many of the discussions here could had lasted one tenth of the time they do now, if we had a sample demonstrating the problem. On the other hand, that would be less activity in the forum though :)
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Jamal

Post by Jamal »

Hi Karl,

Yes, there are differences in the name of variables and some other internal differences in the methods. It gives compile errors on for example lNullFormat is not an access. Also, the method declaration needs PASCAL not STRICT conversion. So, it not a drop-in replacement.

The code I posted also works when setting oDTP:Value.

For example:
oDTP:Value := ""

or

oDTP:Value := "21:30:00"

Jamal
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

LOL. See Chris? Always a bright side :) ;)

Here a zip file with an aef and the two database files, I think you should see what I mean from this... hopefully.
Attachments
DTP Fun.zip
(30.32 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Karl-Heinz

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Jamal wrote:Hi Karl,

Yes, there are differences in the name of variables and some other internal differences in the methods. It gives compile errors on for example lNullFormat is not an access.
Hi Jamal,
'
very strange ... The question is: *Which* VO-SDK Version exactly does X# compile ????

attached is a viaef that shows how my modified X# timepicker class behaves during a skip or when the checkbox is checked/unchecked. In the Start modul you must change the path to the DBF if you use another path than d:test.

GLOBAL gcPfad := "D:test" AS STRING

regards
Karl-Heinz
Attachments
DTP.ZIP
(5.09 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Karl-Heinz,
The question is: *Which* VO-SDK Version exactly does X# compile ????
I can only say that Vulcan even in the latest version had included the SP3 version, as there were some breaking changes between SP3 and SP4, and I had to add some conditional compiling statements when porting my mainl library.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
robert

Post by robert »

Karl-Heinz wrote:
Jamal wrote: very strange ... The question is: *Which* VO-SDK Version exactly does X# compile ????
You can see the code here:
https://github.com/X-Sharp/XSharpPublic ... SDK/Source

If you see something that needs to be fixed or improved, please let us know.
Remember: this is open source. You can clone the repo, make your changes, push your changes to Github and send us a pull request.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Robert,

this source seems to be based on VO 2.8 SP3, and not SP4.
As sample: VO 2.8 SP4 has the following methods:

Code: Select all

_DLL METHOD __FocusPage(nIndex AS DWORD) AS VOID PASCAL CLASS TabControl:VO28GUI.TabControl:__FocusPage
In SP3, Vulcan and X# code the nIndex parameter is defined as int:

METHOD __FocusPage(nIndex AS INT) AS VOID STRICT
This is also the case for the methods

_DLL METHOD __FocusPage(nIndex AS DWORD) AS VOID PASCAL CLASS TabControl:VO28GUI.TabControl:__FocusPage
_DLL METHOD __GetPageFromIndex(nTabIndex AS DWORD) AS OBJECT PASCAL CLASS TabControl:VO28GUI.TabControl:__GetPageFromIndex
_DLL METHOD __GetSymbolFromIndex(nTabIndex AS DWORD) AS SYMBOL PASCAL CLASS TabControl:VO28GUI.TabControl:__GetSymbolFromIndex
I have come across this because I had overwritten these methods in a subclass.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Chris

Post by Chris »

BiggyRat wrote:LOL. See Chris? Always a bright side :) ;)

Here a zip file with an aef and the two database files, I think you should see what I mean from this... hopefully.
Thanks, but please also post the fpt files are well, they are necessary for opening the dbfs.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

Oops... sorry...
Attachments
Missing ftp files.zip
(66.8 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Karl-Heinz

Post by Karl-Heinz »

wriedmann wrote:
I can only say that Vulcan even in the latest version had included the SP3 version, as there were some breaking changes between SP3 and SP4, and I had to add some conditional compiling statements when porting my mainl library.
Hi Wolfgang,

it´s no pure SP3. The DTP class sources on Github show many improvements compared to the SP3 DTP sources. Also, Jamal mentioned that the GitHub DTP and SP4 DTP sources are not the same. Maybe some extension have been made to the VO-Libs in the VN times, so the GitHub sources show SP3 + VN enhancements/fixes ?

regards
Karl-Heinz