CoreDBF class

This forum is meant for examples of X# code.

FFF

CoreDBF class

Post by FFF »

Karl-Heinz wrote:am i correct that you´re using win8.1 64bit, and you´re still facing the mentioned append speed issues ?
Yes and Yes ;)
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Karl-Heinz

CoreDBF class

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Yes and Yes ;)
Yeah, Win8.1 the best Win OS ever ! When the support ends January 2023 i´ll also retire :-)
Chris

CoreDBF class

Post by Chris »

Still love my Win7! :)
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
FFF

CoreDBF class

Post by FFF »

Chris wrote:Still love my Win7! :)
7 was ok and i kept it, until i saw ClassicShell for W8. Switched and possibly i'll follow Karl-Heinz with "retire" - or swap to *ix, as X# will run there ;-)
Regards
Karl
wriedmann

CoreDBF class

Post by wriedmann »

Win 10 is not so bad as you all are saying!

Ok, it is a bit different from W7/W8, but after all I feel it is better than both.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
FFF

CoreDBF class

Post by FFF »

wriedmann wrote: I feel it is better than both.
Well, my System runs. And runs. And it does, what it should and does not, what it should not. What more could i ask?
Regards
Karl
Chris

CoreDBF class

Post by Chris »

For me it's mainly a matter of control over our systems, unfortunately in W10 we have little anymore, MS can just do whatever it wants now. I know it's fighting a lost battle...
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
Karl-Heinz

CoreDBF class

Post by Karl-Heinz »

btw. Tomorrow will be another (Win10) day of horror - it's Patchday ! :woohoo:
Chris

CoreDBF class

Post by Chris »

Karl-Heinz wrote:btw. Tomorrow will be another (Win10) day of horror - it's Patchday ! :woohoo:
:) :) :)
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

CoreDBF class

Post by ic2 »

I am reading posts in the forum of the last few weeks. Reading this I've got 1 remark and 1 question.

Remark: <W10 users You can pretty safely use W10 if you run O&O ShutUp10 . https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10 It switches off all kind of unwanted things like Telemetry, forced updates. I usually run updates every 3-4 months only (by first allowing it on O&O ShutUp10) and feature updates at least 5-6 months after release. Occasionally one of the Telemetry settings appears reset (O&O will mention that if you open it) but that's all.

What I really love in W10 is the Alt - Windows key combination which allows you to select clipboard content of previous cuts/copies. I really use it all the day. And there are quite a few other (sometimes small) differences with W7/W8. I do use the W10 menu which has been much improved but still run Classic Shell to enable me quickly browsing through programs + the W10 menu can only be externally changed when an option has been added to the good old Start Menu directories anyway.

Question: I found Karl-Heinz 's remark of the speed of the append compared to VO disturbing. I have downloaded the sample but not yet tried it. Do others see the same slowness? If not, what could be the cause for Karl-Heinz ?

Dick