Exceptions in App:Exec() in a project newly updated to 2.8

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl,

Well, of course, any time you can prepare and send it, it would be great! It's not urgent, since you do at least have a workaround.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
KarlW

Post by KarlW »

Hi Chris

I started to strip down the project to get you a sample but then I notice something odd happened. As soon as I disconnected it from our database I no longer encountered the exception even when I reverted back to simply SELF:Exec().

After more digging I found that the exception along with some other odd behaviors all started as soon as I attempted to execute a stored procedure in our data access layer. Even though exception handling is used nothing is captured in there but the effect is seen in the main application code.

We use Xs2Ado for our connection to ADS so it's probably going to be of interest to Robert.

In VO we always called the AdoCommand:Execute as below

oComm:Execute(NIL, NIL, NIL)

with parameters appended to the AdoCommand beforehand but this seems to be the cause of my wider problems. Changing to use one of the overrides available in .Net resolves the issue

oRS := oComm:Execute()

I don't know if what we were doing before was non-standard but the modification above seems to fix the issue.

Thanks

Karl

Thanks
Chris

Post by Chris »

HI Karl,

Thanks for the update! I still can't think of what might be causing this, but Robert might have an idea. In any case, glad ti hear it's working well for you now!
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu