Access FPT from ADS with XSharp VO Dialect - Error 7010

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
FFF

Post by FFF »

the attachment didn't make it ;)
But, anyway, i see a similiar problem, which is reproducable, using plain VoRdd, just sent sample with data to Chris, so give the guys a day or two to fix this...
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
hilberg.it

Post by hilberg.it »

Hi FFF,
sounds interesting. Could you provide more insights to your problem? What is it about? When does it happen? Where can I follow the ticket or PR and see if it has been fixed?

Thanks.
FFF

Post by FFF »

Out of curiosity, I followed your sample to copy a table, but using plain DBFCDX, and got a corruption error, resulting in only a part of the table copied...
But some patience, pls, i sent the sample only two hours ago to greece. The guys are QUICK, but give them a chance ;-)
Regards
Karl
hilberg.it

Post by hilberg.it »

Thank you for your effort! Same result that I've got. Sorry for me being impatient. So you think, the problem could be caused by the RDD and not the FPT file being corrupt? Please keep me posted.
g.bunzel@domonet.de

Post by g.bunzel@domonet.de »

I don't think it's a RDD problem.
In your FPT-File check your MEMO-Fields Field by Field and Record by Record. Do that test with the DBFCDX-RDD - not with ADS.
Here you will find some old code for a file check - not tested by me.
https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.c ... mrnuY9ctgJ

HTH

Gerhard
FFF

Post by FFF »

I would simply wait. Dev has a reproducible sample, so i'm confident they'll fix this soon.
Regards
Karl
Chris

Post by Chris »

hilberg.it wrote:Hi FFF,
sounds interesting. Could you provide more insights to your problem? What is it about? When does it happen? Where can I follow the ticket or PR and see if it has been fixed?

Thanks.
I have just looked into the file that Karl (or aka FFF :)) has sent and I can reproduce the problem (it's most probably in the RDD), tomorrow I will try to narrow it down a bit and then will open a ticket for it and will post a link to it here.

In the meantime, maybe you could also send me the files that cause the problem in your application? Most probably the problem is exactly the same as the one shown by Karl's files, but it is also possible that yours expose a slightly different problem. Better make sure that both cases will be fixed...
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Chris

Post by Chris »

hilberg.it wrote:Thanks so much! That worked. :-)

But unfortunately I received for one of two files that I was trying to move to ADS a "Corruption Detected" Error (In Function FlexGetMemoData; On Line: 1340; Function DbApp). See attachment.

Any ideas, if I could use in this case something else than "DBApp()"? Or recover the file somehow? I can still open it in VO, though. I could see nothing in the file at line 1340. But it could be that the file is indeed corrupted. I am thinking about a loop that reads from the corrupted file in VO and inserts entry by entry into the new file. Are there better solutions?

With Karl's files, I could see two problems:

- In X#, I get a runtime error about a corrupted index, while appending records with AppendDB() to a new file. If I reindex the dbf first, then the error goes away. VO does not report an error with the index at all, but maybe it just ignored the problem in the index, will look further into this.

- In X#, after I reindex, then the import happens without problems at all. On the other hand, if I run the same code in VO with the same set of files, I get the error you also mentioned, about corrupted fpt contents. In X# I never get such an error.

So, just to be certain we are in the same page, when and where do you get the ftp corruption error? Is it from your X# or from the VO app? If it's from X#, you please show the code that executes when this error happens?
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu
hilberg.it

Post by hilberg.it »

Chris wrote: So, just to be certain we are in the same page, when and where do you get the ftp corruption error? Is it from your X# or from the VO app? If it's from X#, you please show the code that executes when this error happens?
Ok, I was receiving the error in VO with code below. And I am using RDDSETDEFAULT("DBFCDX") for the transformation. Don't know about Karl though. If I try the code below in X# the DbApp() call doesn't append the data to the new file. How does your code look like, with which you are able to import in X#?

Code: Select all

LOCAL _oDbArtikel as bDBServer
LOCAL _aStruData	as ARRAY
_oDbArtikel = bDBServer{"C:sourcedArtikel"}
_aStruData := _oDbArtikel:DbStruct
_oDbArtikel:Close()  
RDDINFO(_SET_MEMOBLOCKSIZE, 64)                                              
DBCREATE("C:tmpdArtikel", _aStruData)
DBUSEAREA(true,, "C:tmpdArtikel")   
DbApp("C:sourcedArtikel")  
DBCLOSEALL()
Chris

Post by Chris »

hilberg.it wrote:
Chris wrote: So, just to be certain we are in the same page, when and where do you get the ftp corruption error? Is it from your X# or from the VO app? If it's from X#, you please show the code that executes when this error happens?
Ok, I was receiving the error in VO with code below. And I am using RDDSETDEFAULT("DBFCDX") for the transformation. Don't know about Karl though. If I try the code below in X# the DbApp() call doesn't append the data to the new file. How does your code look like, with which you are able to import in X#?

Code: Select all

LOCAL _oDbArtikel as bDBServer
LOCAL _aStruData	as ARRAY
_oDbArtikel = bDBServer{"C:sourcedArtikel"}
_aStruData := _oDbArtikel:DbStruct
_oDbArtikel:Close()  
RDDINFO(_SET_MEMOBLOCKSIZE, 64)                                              
DBCREATE("C:tmpdArtikel", _aStruData)
DBUSEAREA(true,, "C:tmpdArtikel")   
DbApp("C:sourcedArtikel")  
DBCLOSEALL()
With DBFCDX, this code runs without issues with the specific files I have. With using the ADS driver, I do get an error, but I think that's to be expected, since the memoblock size is not correct. If I recreate the file with the ADS driver, then DbApp() again works as expected.

I am afraid it is very difficult to investigate such possible problems, by using other people's data. We'd really need to have a set of sample files from you, to tell what and if there's some issue. What about deleting all your critical data and enter some dummy data in your files and send those instead (if this still reproduces the problem of course) ?
Chris Pyrgas

chris(at)xsharp.eu