Windows 10 Creators Update introduces .NET 4.7

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
FFF

Post by FFF »

Dick wrote:...E.g. one which started with W10 and newer Windows Server versions: if you copy something using Explorer and the file already exists, the window asking you to confirm does not get focus - it is even totally invisible. Now I know of a copy action doesn't start that I actively have to search for that window but I wouldn't call that user friendly.
FWIW, this particular nuisance is older than W10 - in XP i'm sure it was not there, and as i skipped Vista, i think it crept in with W7. Any case, it was in 8 as it is in 8.1.
And yes, it is a shame, that noone lifted a finger to cure this.
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Okay then Wolfgang,

I have acted on your useful information and rolled back the Windows 10 install to the Creator version/build and now my newly purchased 'SnagIt 13' works just fine ;-0)

However, I have given both Microsoft and TechSmith a heads-up by informing them of this issue.

Now I will go off and update my Visual Studio copies once again - had done them previously this morning ;-0((

Thanks for listening and providing knowledgeable support.

Here is my first tentative screen capture with version 13 :-
Snagit13_01.jpg
Snagit13_01.jpg (46.43 KiB) Viewed 162 times
The mouse pointer shows a 'Fail' but this actually was done today as an uninstall, or recovery to the previous build.

Cheers,
Phil.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl,

Well, this doesn't happen on Win7 SP1 at least. It must have been introduced in a later update :-)

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
FFF

Post by FFF »

Could be - it's so long since i installed W8, lost count of years ;) But it was and is a nuisance, which should be healed...
Regards
Karl
Phil Hepburn

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Whoops! - should have realised, there was no need to re-update VS 2017 as this was preserved as before I went backwards.

The only thing I had to do was re-populate the tabs in my instances of Edge (the browser). But then these always get cleared when going forwards in versions, never mind backwards.

And newer versions of Edge are always included as part of the Win 10 upgrade.

Seems 100% okay at the moment.

Will keep you in touch.
Regards,
Phil.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl,

Yes, agreed of course! Although I just realized that maybe I am not seeing this problem because I use Classic Shell..

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Chris, Karl,

I use Classic Shell too, also on the servers where I found this "focus-on-copy" problem. I am pretty sure that I first saw the problem when 2 clients went from Server 2003 to Server 2012 (located in a cloud park) and somewhere during the W10 usage, so not even from the beginning.

Dick
FFF

Post by FFF »

Dick, Chris,
tres faciunt collegium ;)
Classic shell here, of course...
But i meant the problem is not limited to focus on copy etc. Since the break(-ing change), Windows opens "sometimes" dialogs with strange z-ordering (usually hind-most), and, iirc, not always such a dialog gets "mirrored" in the taskbar, so one can't CTRL-Tab to reach it. Usually you notice it only, because the spawning app seems to be unresponsive...
Regards
Karl
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi,

maybe I'm stupid, but I haven't noted nothing strange.... I'm not using Classic Shell (never used it), and I have used Windows 8/8.1 only on some touch devices. On my main development notebook I have upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 (or better, I have changed my Windows 7 notebook with a new one where I installed Windows 10 directly).

And I copy files very often.... and like the new copy dialog very much.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it