XPorted program does not start

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
FFF

Post by FFF »

Dick,
a shot in the dark: Looks like you target anycpu in your xsharp lib? Try changing that to x86.
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
robert

Post by robert »

Karl,
I think you are right.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Wolfgang,
wriedmann wrote: P.S. of course, when migrating the application to X#, the same COM module can be used directly as application dependency, using conditional compilation to keep the code portable between X# and VO
Thanks for the info! I realize what you say, but Dick said if I understood correctly that his app is a combination of c#/X# only, so no VO involved to use c#/X# by COM. Unless I have misunderstood of course.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Chris,
since the application is a ported VO application, the same rules apply.
IMHO there was a problem with the migration of the manifest.
But since the application now is a X# application, the DLL can be used directly instead of through COM - and it was this what I suggest to Dick to do.
But the beauty of the COM interface is that is the only (easy) possibility to transfer the bitness limit: you can access a 64 bit COM module from a 32 bit application, and a 32 bit COM module from a 64 bit application.
So the only possibilty to work with Outlook 64 bit from a 32 bit VO or X# application is through COM (MAPI is not available on Outlook 64 bit).
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Terry

Post by Terry »

all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files.

I wonder if that's true?

Terry
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Wolfgang,
wriedmann wrote: IMHO there was a problem with the migration of the manifest.
But since the application now is a X# application, the DLL can be used directly instead of through COM - and it was this what I suggest to Dick to do.
You are exactly. right, as often, a working VO configuration to use the DLL wasn't XPorted such that it worked there too and since the error isn't visible until you think about looking in Windows logs, it took some time to find it.

Also your explanation how Side by Side works and how useful it can be but also how easy it gives you headaches is exactly how we experienced it.

For X# I hope I never have to use it again!

Dick