VO GUI windows

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
TrevorLE

VO GUI windows

Post by TrevorLE »

Chris

I made a test app (in Vulcan) with a window containing a pushbutton and an SLE and placed the cctl6.man file in the app folder and added the manifest.rc file to the app - but the controls looked the same to me before and after adding the manifest.

I have attached my sample app so you can take a look if possible and let me know what I am missing?

thanks in advance
Trevor
Attachments
TestApp.zip
(388.48 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Chris

VO GUI windows

Post by Chris »

Hi Trevor,

This project already contains the manifest resource (it's the file CREATEPROCESS_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID.rc), so no need to add the one I sent you. Normally that should be enough to do the job, but if it is not working for you, I can only think that there's something environmental getting in the way.

What OS are you using? Maybe you are using a system setting that prevents changing the application look? What about the test app in VO, how does it look when you start it from VO?

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
TrevorLE

VO GUI windows

Post by TrevorLE »

Chris

thanks for the assist here - you have pointed me in the right direction as when I tried my sample program on my Win10 laptop - it had the different style buttons by default.

I then checked my Win7 PC and found I had windows classic theme selected and changing that back to Win7 standard now makes the buttons display with the different theme!

cheers
Trevor
Attachments
TestAppWin10.JPG
TestAppWin10.JPG (15.39 KiB) Viewed 126 times
TestApp.JPG
TestApp.JPG (14.38 KiB) Viewed 126 times
Chris

VO GUI windows

Post by Chris »

Hi Trevor,

OK, glad to hear! Thanks for your feedback, this will be good to know for future reference.

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu