bBrowser for WPF?

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
ic2

bBrowser for WPF?

Post by ic2 »

Hello Wolfgang,

WPF applications are too different even from their concept, so I don't think it will be possible to move a VO application to WPF without a complete rewrite.

Have you heard about Paul Piko's Facelift> This program should be able to convert all VO forms to Winforms or WPF. Not yet tried but I have seen what Paul has done in the past so I am sure it will work.

As you all know am not the first to embrace all new technology because it is new but only when it is more efficient and better. I think creating WPF with an editor is more complicated than Winforms or VO forms but you can do so much more with it than Winforms + they're the only possible forms in UWP apps so I decided to go for WPF. With more or less the same path you describe, but not for all my programs. For now I think most of my programs will remain VO programs. VO remains a superior work environment in almost every respect.

Dick
wriedmann

bBrowser for WPF?

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Dick,

yes, I know about Facelift, and I have no doubt it will work.

BUT: in my VO applications, most validations and business logic is written in methods of the GUI classes.
IMHO it makes no sense to move a VO application to WPF - such a rewrite should also involve an architectural improvement.

I will try to move all my VO programs to X# because I'm battling more and more with the outdated Win32 platform. The more I work with X# the more I like the enhanced language, and X# gives me what I dreamed for several years: a modern and powerful language that keeps all the strengths of the VO language, and adds the largest toolkit for the Windows platform, other than modern language constructs like typed arrays (i.e. collections) and generics.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it