Edit windows.xfrm in XIDE 1.12

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Chris

Edit windows.xfrm in XIDE 1.12

Post by Chris »

Hi Stefan,
Stefan Hirsch wrote: thank you, now the forms can be opened and changed in XIDE.
But I have some more questions:
- at first open an form this error message appears (with no problems I can say so far)
Error_XIDE_1.PNG
That happens when populating the Toolbox items, I think I know what happens, the code expects some controls to be there (like CheckBox, PushButton etc), but looks like some are not. Will fix this and will send you an update, in the meantime can you please send me your cavowed.inf file, to test and make sure that's the problem indeed?

Stefan Hirsch wrote: - 'Inherit from Class' and 'Font' just show '<Auto>' in Listbox
Do you mean they were supposed to have values (imported from the VO app window) but they are empty? That's supposed to work, can you please send me the aef yu are porting to have a look?
If you mean you just want to put values there now, for the Font property you must click on the small button with dots [...] to the right of the property. For the Inherit From property, you will need to compile successfully the app once first, before you can see the available options. Sorry, I know this is not ideal.

Stefan Hirsch wrote: - after changing a form the resource file is changed from

Code: Select all

dlg_Auswert_Sonder DIALOGEX  16, 28, 604, 348
STYLE	4|128|2147483648|12582912|524288
to

Code: Select all

dlg_Auswert_Standard DIALOGEX 0, 0, 502, 283
STYLE DS_3DLOOK|WS_POPUP|WS_CAPTION|WS_SYSMENU|DS_MODALFRAME
The defines in STYLE are not defined.
- Where can I define these values globally?
- Or, where can I change the template (to fix numeric values as before)?
Hmm right...the defines are included in SDK_Defines.dll as compiled units, but they do not exist as preprocessor #defines. Do you have the VOWin32APILibrary.vh file from vulcan? If yes, just put it in your XIDEConfig folder and it should work ok now.

Stefan Hirsch wrote: X# and XIDE are great. After 20h of changing, refactoring and removing some code my framework and main app is compiling and starting. Crashing in many parts. But these are solvable problems. In Vulcan after more than 100h of work compiling 30% of the code was not possible. So I say (write) it again great job.
Thank you very much for your feedback and nice words! Yes, after working several years on vulcan, we got a good understanding of the mistakes and some wrong design decisions (also) we made in it, so in x# we could now design a lot of things in a better way from the ground up to help the process of porting code from VO. Very glad to hear that this is paying off!

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu