Search found 5 matches

by desbest
Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:02 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Does anyone know any good tutorials for newbies?
Replies: 6
Views: 523

Does anyone know any good tutorials for newbies?

Does anyone know any good tutorials for newbies? And by that, I mean that I already have some programming knowledge as a web developer using php and ruby. However I've never made desktop programs before but I'm familiar in how various programming syntax works. I've only ever made command line progra...
by desbest
Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:00 am
Topic: Any good places for complete newbies to learn all the xbase dialects?
Replies: 8
Views: 3300

Any good places for complete newbies to learn all the xbase dialects?

<r><QUOTE author="wriedmann post=26592 userid=336"><s>[quote="wriedmann post=26592 userid=336"]</s> But to find Clipper, FoxPro/DOS or DBase learning sources may be hard, and the original prodcuts are not running on modern operating systems anymore (if you don't use some sort of emulators).<br/> And...
by desbest
Mon May 29, 2023 5:24 pm

<r>Just because something is more popular, is more extensible (via plugins/classes/libraries), more turnkey, more complex, more future-proof, more refined, more quicker or is more integrated, doesn't mean that I'm going to use it. People have a varying and heated opinion about which technology stack...
by desbest
Sun May 07, 2023 2:34 pm

<t>Hello I'm new to xbase and know absolutely nothing about it but I do know some programming languages outside of xbase.<br/> <br/> Can anyone give me some good tutorials, courses or books that can help me learn ALL the different xbase dialects? Free ones are preferred but if I inevitably have to b...