Search found 39 matches

by Serggio
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:39 am
Forum: Suggestions
Topic: F2Bin
Replies: 4
Views: 3752

F2Bin

I've made an X# function VOBin2F which converts VO's F2Bin() result to a float (see the attachment). As for now I'll try to avoid making a reverse function. Let it be as it is.
by Serggio
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:33 pm

F2Bin

Robert, thank you!
Now I see why there is a 15-bit exponent and not a 11-bit one. I'll try to think something out :)
There are algorythms to convert 80-bit float to 64-bit one. Will try to emulate something like 64 -> 80 also.
I still would like to try.
by Serggio
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:12 pm

F2Bin

<t>F2Bin function in VO saves float in a somehow wierd format. It is mentioned that value part of the float is saved as REAL8, that should be IEEE754, but it is not. The order of bytes differs. In X# F2Bin complies with IEEE754, but not in VO. So there is a problem if you want to unpack binary value...
by Serggio
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:40 am
Forum: Product
Topic: New feature
Replies: 11
Views: 1933

New feature

Sure, the feature is nice! And definitely before the XML comments as those are part of function definition.
by Serggio
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:36 am
Topic: cavowed.inf and /vo15 option being OFF (treat missing types as usual)
Replies: 3
Views: 1417

cavowed.inf and /vo15 option being OFF (treat missing types as usual)

<r><QUOTE author="Chris"><s>[quote="Chris"]</s>But it somehow ignores it, when generating the PostInit() and PreInit() methods<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE> These methods, as well as event handlers, etc. can be adjusted with cavowed.tpl (in X#) and it works fine!<br/> <QUOTE author="Chris"><s>[quote="Chris...
by Serggio
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:36 pm
Topic: cavowed.inf and /vo15 option being OFF (treat missing types as usual)
Replies: 3
Views: 1417

cavowed.inf and /vo15 option being OFF (treat missing types as usual)

<r>I'd like to switch off /vo15 option (treat missing types as usual) so that it would be an error if there is a local variable without strictly defined type. I found that this option demands clipper functions to have CLIPPER calling convention to be defined explicitly and return-type is obligative,...
by Serggio
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:53 pm
Topic: How to get raw byte array or Binary{} from a memo-field?
Replies: 5
Views: 1583

How to get raw byte array or Binary{} from a memo-field?

Thanks a lot for this suggestion!
Haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it will work.

Serggio
by Serggio
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:59 pm
Topic: How to get raw byte array or Binary{} from a memo-field?
Replies: 5
Views: 1583

How to get raw byte array or Binary{} from a memo-field?

DBFCDX (with FPT support). How to get/put memo-field as a raw value - BYTE[] (if possible without first 8 bytes of a header) ? BlobGet, as far as I see, returns a string, which is grinded with encoding.

regards,
Serggio
by Serggio
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:35 pm
Topic: Navigation through the project
Replies: 2
Views: 1450

Navigation through the project

<r>Something has to be done with it. Couldn't imagine I would ever write it, but I seem to miss the simple VO-like Repository explorer in VS2019. I just cannot navigate through my projects fast enough, do not have that fast overview of all the functions in a module which I had in VO.<br/> The Visual...
by Serggio
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:37 pm
Topic: Show X# VO-style window from WinForms project
Replies: 6
Views: 1680

Show X# VO-style window from WinForms project

<r>After spending quite a long time I've found the reason why VO-windows refused to work properly when being shown from a C# WinForms application. The reason is in _INIT1 and _INIT3 procedures of VOGUIClasses.dll which have to be called. And if your main application is written in C#, which doesn't h...