Search found 50 matches

by MathiasHakansson
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:51 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: JB2
Replies: 5
Views: 2105

JB2

<r>Hi Terry,<br/> <br/> This post is a nice read. You are a really good writer, and the peek you get from your thoughts are interesting, but...<br/> <br/> If you really want to understand how a computer works, this page would be better I think; <URL url="https://eater.net/8bit">https://eater.net/8bi...
by MathiasHakansson
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:37 am
Forum: Examples
Topic: OleDb connection in XSharp Core app.
Replies: 2
Views: 3562

OleDb connection in XSharp Core app.

<t>Hi Jurai,<br/> <br/> Connections are pooled (reused) in .net which means that you don't have to treat them as a precious resource. I would create one connection per data access object (DAO) that the application uses. That means that the number of connections depends on how you have designed your ...
by MathiasHakansson
Tue May 28, 2019 7:01 am
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: What's the trick to CellDoubleClick() in bBrowser?
Replies: 3
Views: 1747

What's the trick to CellDoubleClick() in bBrowser?

<r>Hi Jeff,<br/> <br/> If you are doing it like this (bBrowser as a replacement browser in datawindow BrowseView)<br/> <br/> <URL url="https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=sv&fromgroups#!searchin/comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects/__updatecurrent%7Csort:date/comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects/DlJciuq...
by MathiasHakansson
Thu May 02, 2019 7:45 am
Topic: App Icon not displaying
Replies: 8
Views: 2005

App Icon not displaying

>Reality.sys corrupted... Reboot Universe(Y/N/A[bort]/I[gnore])

Is it dangerous to choose Abort? Abort the universe?

/Mathjias
by MathiasHakansson
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:29 pm

App Icon not displaying

Yes I did... Sorry,

My memory was faulty....

/Mathias
by MathiasHakansson
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:21 am

App Icon not displaying

Try not using the underscore characters. If I look in my VO application with resource hacker I can see that the application icon name starts with "AA", The icons with names beginning with underscores are not used as application icon (see attachment).
by MathiasHakansson
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:42 am

App Icon not displaying

It's the first icon in alphabetic order that is used. I usually change the name to start with underscore.
by MathiasHakansson
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:00 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Good wysiwyg installation maker
Views: 2333

Good wysiwyg installation maker

<t>About the security measures in later version of anti virus software. As some of the anti virus software are based on "reputation", you can get problems with any of the mentioned tools if your certificate is new or if it has accumulated a bad reputation.<br/> We build our main installation with WI...
by MathiasHakansson
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:47 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Soon to say goodbye.
Replies: 25
Views: 5909

Soon to say goodbye.

@Karl-Heinz
Nice!
by MathiasHakansson
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:54 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Soon to say goodbye.
Replies: 25
Views: 5909

Soon to say goodbye.

<t>@Wolfgang. <br/> I have found that the standard TextBox control in .net is not that bad. it listens to the numerical format that you have assignes to it and that's good enough for most business use. It does not have a picture clause that is equally easy to use, but in most cases you only want sta...