Search found 315 matches

by Jamal
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:11 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: ReportPro 3.9 and sql table swap
Replies: 31
Views: 9896

ReportPro 3.9 and sql table swap

You can convert to a LONG and see how it goes.

LONG(pSqlRet)

Jamal
by Jamal
Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:14 pm

<r>Hi Gerard,<br/> <br/> Those are PTR values. The VO documentation is wrong to say EnvHandle is of LONG data type.<br/> <br/> Internally the SQL class has a hidden variable:<br/> <CODE><s>[code]</s> HIDDEN hEnv AS PTR<e>[/code]</e></CODE> and declares:<br/> <CODE><s>[code]</s>ACCESS EnvHandle CLASS...
by Jamal
Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:00 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Accessing legacy MSXML2 Interop DLL fails
Replies: 8
Views: 2158

Accessing legacy MSXML2 Interop DLL fails

Hello Jan,

FWIW, you may have your reasons to use MSXML2 since you are using X#, why not use System.Xml namespace and classes?
They are well documented and built in the NET framework

Jamal
by Jamal
Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:49 pm

<r>Hello Gerard,<br/> <br/> I don't use ReportPro with SQL, but the following may trigger some thoughts on your end <E>:)</E><br/> <br/> I think it is a good idea to check if the connection is the connection is successful first before calling other methods,<br/> <br/> i.e. <br/> <CODE><s>[code]</s><...
by Jamal
Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:53 pm
Topic: dbf/cdx Limits
Replies: 17
Views: 2189

dbf/cdx Limits

Robert,

Are you sure about the # of Fields: 255 ?

I have a DBF file with 336 fields.

Jamal
by Jamal
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:38 pm
Topic: Troubles with DBF
Replies: 39
Views: 4842

Troubles with DBF

<r>Karl,<br/> <br/> I have better luck with MP4 files.<br/> <br/> Jamal<br/> <QUOTE author="Karl-Heinz"><s>[quote="Karl-Heinz"]</s>Mmmh, it seems the forum software doesn´t like the GIF extension, because both files have now the PNG extension ?<br/> <br/> anyway, i´ ll put the animated GIFs in a zip...
by Jamal
Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:12 pm
Topic: Runtime Error: Wrong field specification, why?
Replies: 12
Views: 2207

Runtime Error: Wrong field specification, why?

Alf,

How about also , in addition to SetDefault(), calling SetPath() to point to the same folder?

Jamal
by Jamal
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:37 pm
Topic: Runtime Error: Wrong field specification, why?
Replies: 12
Views: 2207

Runtime Error: Wrong field specification, why?

<t>Alf,<br/> <br/> I suggest you check if the DBF alias or dbServer is the correct one that you are doing the FIELDGET() on.<br/> <br/> One way to find out is to override the FIELDGET method and trap the error to return the Alias; that way you can tell for sure what alias or workarea is being used, ...
by Jamal
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:38 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Closing Datawindow method
Replies: 7
Views: 1860

Closing Datawindow method

<r>Joe,<br/> <br/> <B><s>[b]</s>It works for me! Take a look at the attached sample AEF.<e>[/b]</e></B> <ATTACHMENT filename="CloseWindowTestApp.AEF" index="1"><s>[attachment=1]</s>CloseWindowTestApp.AEF<e>[/attachment]</e></ATTACHMENT> <ATTACHMENT filename="2022-01-11_15-35-02.mp4" index="0"><s>[at...
by Jamal
Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:23 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Closing Datawindow method
Replies: 7
Views: 1860

Closing Datawindow method

<r>Joe,<br/> <br/> VO calls the QueryClose method. See the Windows Properties dialog, then click the dotted button to generate the QueryClose event call such as:<br/> <CODE><s>[code]</s><i> </i>method QueryClose(oEvent) class YourWindow local lAllowClose as logic lAllowClose := super:QueryClose(oEve...