Use Proper Case in language instead of UPPER CASE???

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Is there a way to make the language syntax Proper Case, rather than UPPER CASE?

I think using Proper Case would be more in line with most other modern programming languages, especially the ones in .Net, whereas all of the UPPER CASE language syntax just looks really outdated to me.

Screenshots attached.
Attachments
2019-03-10 05_37_53-Window.png
2019-03-10 05_37_53-Window.png (92.26 KiB) Viewed 196 times
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Matt,
In XIDE under Tools/Preferences...
You have on the Editor tab the Case synchronization options: Keywords, Functions, Case synch all tokens.

It is a user preference. Some of us like our X# Reserved words in Upper case, most of us do lower case these days, with Function/Procedure/Method/Class/Property names in a CamelBack notation.

Vulcan even had the c# like case-sensitive option where the compiler will treat LOCAL x AS INT, LOCAL X AS INT as two separate variable declarations. The compiler however did not mind the case of reserved words.
FoxProMatt

Post by FoxProMatt »

Can you tell me if the same thing is available from Visual Studio and where to find it.

I will most likely be doing my experiments from Visual Studio.
FoxProMatt

Post by FoxProMatt »

Okay, I found the same setting in Visual Studio.
2019-03-10_6-07-36.png
2019-03-10_6-07-36.png (116.14 KiB) Viewed 196 times
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

mattslay wrote:Okay, I found the same setting in Visual Studio.
You beat my by a split second to show you... :lol:

Any case, have you tried XIDE? A lot of us are using it. You should love it, none of the overhead attached to VS if you don't need it.
FoxProMatt

Post by FoxProMatt »

Yes, I installed XIDE when I installed the mian X# package (Beta 8 ) and I used it to create a simple WinForm using X# Core language features. I made a project with a Win Form and added a label and a text box, and I have it display a .Net message box when I click the command button.

And I did the same thing in Visual Studio...

Speaking of that, I'm going right now to post more about XIDE vs. Visual Studio in a different thread...