Visual Studio randomly crashed

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
robert

Post by robert »

Dick,

XS9015 No explicit constructor chaining; generating implicit
call to super constructor. JelleTestApp

This is a WARNING, and I assume you have "Warnings as Errors" activated.
Add a call to SUPER() in the constructor of JelleTestApp and the problem should be gone.
I do not know why you are getting "Out of Memory" errors in VS2017. I need to see the project to comment on that.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Robert,

You're right, warnings as errors & the super() call solves it.
What puzzles me: where does this suddenly come from? There was no super() in it before (just a standard generated X# project) and it worked without that error.

There's also the puzzle of the failing seek in a dbserver (see NG). It was solved by recreating the project and copying the source 1:1 to the new project. It puzzled me why I could open the dbf, perform a goto and show content, but the seek failed. With 1:1 the same code and using the same dbf in the new project it worked. If there's some reference missing or faulty one would expect the whole dbf handling to fail, not only the seek?

About the memory error: this is no doubt some VS 2017 problem and as written, it was solved after a VS restart.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Dick,

You got this warning in a new class you created, isn't it? So the compiler started reporting this when you created a constructor that did not call super(). As I said in my reply to you in the ng, it is very easy if you want to disable the warning if you want, by adding it in the Suppress Specific Warnings project property.

Regarding the dbf index, I suspect in one app you were using RDDSetDefault() and in the other you didn't, is that correct? If not, we need to see the code that didn't work properly to say what was the problem.

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Chris,

Thank you for replying also on the NG. Although I prefer the NG, and you are watching it as well as the forum, I have to "face reality" which is that I am about the only one using the NG. Which means that there's a better chance that others read a question here than in the NG, so -reluctantly- I will move future questions to the forum too. I'll deal with Office 2016 (although when possible I use Word/Excel 2003 which is way faster and has less steps in almost everything), with VS instead of VO (further explanation unnecessary :sick: ) so dealing with a forum instead of a ng isn't that much more of a burden.

If there's any chance to forward messages to the NG then it would be ideal. Even if it's one way (posting here but able to read & keep in a NG).

For now I'll react in the Ng on all your replies because it's partly off topic in this posting anyhow...