VFP has stirred something

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Terry,
I understand what you trying to get over.

Lets take maybe your real life case, you use EF to communicate with an agnostic database, EF has all the knowledge to communicate with any database that implements the EF model, e.g. Npgsql for PostgreSQL.

Now it ends up that we as coders need to write applications that uses the EF framework. No problem.

However, if we can put something in place between our code and EF, lets call it a "knowledge" model, it learns through how/what we want to communicate with the database. Next time we want to do something the Knowledge model "suggest" to us what we want/need, click the yes/no button and it adds that to its knowledge. Short of a long story, the knowledge model interrogate the database and based on changes, next day when we coders arrive at the office the source code of what we planned to do lies ready to test/confirm in our IDE....

Just my "interpretation" and far fetched idea...

Post by Terry »

Hi Karl

Hope my reply to Wolfgang made some sense.

Will try to post something more concrete later.

Don't write it off just yet.

Terry
Terry

Post by Terry »

Johan

Yes - that's it. Probably better put for this NG.

Terry
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Terry and others,
Terry wrote: Yes - that's it. Probably better put for this NG.
I think we need to take this discussion out of the Welcome section, we cluttering it up I believe.
I am going to continue the discussion to the Chit chat forum, see "Knowledge object"
Regards,