Search found 153 matches

by Frank Maraite
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:31 am
Forum: Product
Topic: 'Do Case' - good example to share ???
Replies: 20
Views: 5665

'Do Case' - good example to share ???

<t>Horst,<br/> the big advantage of switch over do case is: it prevents for some typos. For example<br/> <br/> switch cProgramm<br/> CASE "login.exe" ; cString := StartLogin (oRequest, cInputString)<br/> CASE "login.exe" ; cString := StartLogin (oRequest, cInputString) // typo !!<br/> OTHERWISE ; cS...
by Frank Maraite
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:18 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Corona and the daily life in Italy
Replies: 50
Views: 8431

Corona and the daily life in Italy

<r>Hi folks,<br/> <br/> I live in the center area of this desease, Erkelenz nerby Heinsberg. We had patient one on 24. Feb. 2020, the last day of carnival here. On the next day our local government closed all scools, kindergardens, sports places and halls. Almost everything. <br/> <br/> Here <URL ur...
by Frank Maraite
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:13 pm
Forum: Deutsches Forum
Topic: German conference / event
Replies: 26
Views: 5525

German conference / event

I like the idea to meet the community again. Memmigen sounds good.

Frank
by Frank Maraite
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:04 pm
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Is there currently any actual use for the DBServer editor in X#?
Replies: 8
Views: 2570

Is there currently any actual use for the DBServer editor in X#?

Hi Jamal,

thanks for reminding me on this. Yes I did some work on, mostly translating german phrases to english.
Will be back soon, this week I think. Have to finish urgent things first, but I'm near to finish them.

Frank
by Frank Maraite
Tue May 07, 2019 7:42 pm

Hi Jamal,
DbServer4Db adds the IList interface to DbServer.
Meinhard published this under LavaVN in Codeplex. I added interfaces to that.

Give me a few days to look over. It's time to publish then.

Frank
by Frank Maraite
Tue May 07, 2019 6:08 pm

<t>Hi all. This weekend I changed from Vulcan DbServer to XSharp DbServer. Worked as a charm. I never used the IDE (no, once, to see what it produced) but have a main MyDbServer class, where I did anything. So switching from CDX to NTX was a matter of an hour or two. OK, I did not use all the possib...
by Frank Maraite
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:40 pm
Topic: "Round()" error final Test
Replies: 25
Views: 4682

"Round()" error final Test

<r>Hi Johan,<br/> <br/> Decimal.Round does not work for negative decimals, so we need some tricks. I cannot test the VO version of Round() anymore, because I do not have VO installed.<br/> Talking about rounding could be a never ending story, Rounding is not precise by definition, so to say. We loos...
by Frank Maraite
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:30 am

<t>Hi Karl,<br/> <br/> the answer is simple: not possible yet!<br/> <br/> Until C# 6 switch only works by comparison with bool, int, const, enum, char and a literal string.<br/> <br/> C# 7 introduces all kinds of comparisons.<br/> <br/> As I know and would like to leave as that in the future X# refl...
by Frank Maraite
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:14 am

<r>Hi Wolfgang,<br/> <br/> I would not say that. You have a complex and feature rich application running almost bug free. You must be a good programmer!<br/> <br/> If you or others like I will show in more detail later how I would refactor your code and why. BTW: My code looks he same after the firs...
by Frank Maraite
Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:05 am

<t>Wolfgang,<br/> <br/> I hope you don't take it personal. We all have good and not so good code. But here we want to help each other. In this sense I take the opportunity to show how code can be made better. And: Phil asked for 'good example to share'.<br/> <br/> I'm very happy about that you show ...