Search found 7 matches

by lagi
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:18 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Welcome from the UK
Replies: 8
Views: 2120

Welcome from the UK

Forget about everything else that they gave us - I'm quite happy that adding Vowels to the the Phoenician alphabet means tht w dnt hv t gss wht y th wrds n ths sntnc rlly r ;-)

Lagi
by lagi
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:03 pm

Welcome from the UK

<t>And yet Christopher (Christophoros) is a Greek name meaning bearer of Christ - go figure?<br/> <br/> Lagi<br/> <br/> p.s. while I'm at it can I ask a question?<br/> <br/> I ran the example form program and added an extra button (doing a copy ) and then renaming bioth to btnDoit and btnExit - and ...
by lagi
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:30 pm
Forum: Suggestions
Topic: Getting started for Dummies
Replies: 6
Views: 2207

Getting started for Dummies

<t>Ok Thanks.<br/> <br/> I found my Problem - I was creating files within the project from the file menu.<br/> <br/> It is not obvious that to get the "samples" we had to press project/create new/new application<br/> <br/> All the other stuff is obvious to the "old timers" in the XSHARP/VO community...
by lagi
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:11 pm

<t>Hi Wolfgang,<br/> <br/> I did play with the samples but all of them write to the console - which is not a problem to do.<br/> What I need is a helping hand of creating a form with controls - which I have done ) that I can compile and run (which I haven't yet mastered)<br/> <br/> I went on your si...
by lagi
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:52 pm

Welcome from the UK

<r>THank you , and yes it is Wolfgang it is. And in over 40 years of developing and going to conferences (even abroad) I haven't met another Greek programmer - And now I find two on the dev team <E>;-)</E><br/> <br/> <br/> Lagi<br/> <br/> p.s. All my relatives are either Accountants, Lawyers or into...
by lagi
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:47 pm

<t>Hi,<br/> <br/> I'm not a newbie and Ive programmes Cobol, Fortran and Pscal from University , through machine code and nearly all the mainstream stuff in between - I got into C using Small C from Doctor Dobbs Journal.<br/> <br/> I haven't had any problem with ANY other language on Windows creatin...
by lagi
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:52 am

Welcome from the UK

<r>Hi All,<br/> <br/> My Name is Lagi, Eraklis (or Hercules) doesn't go down too mwell in the playground <E>;-)</E><br/> <br/> A long time Xbase user (never Dbase -as it was not really good enough in my opinion ...)<br/> <br/> <br/> I I started with 6800 Assembly language, ( a LoOOO..ng time ago) an...