Search found 2313 matches

by robert
Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:37 pm
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Hi All!
Replies: 1
Views: 2890

Hi All!

<r>Thomas,<br/> <br/> Believe me, we are doing everything we can to avoid splitting the VO/Vulcan customer base in two camps.<br/> But Brian/GrafX is making it extremely difficult for us to come to an agreement.<br/> <br/> Robert<br/> <QUOTE author="ThomasVenus"><s>[quote="ThomasVenus"]</s>Hi All,<b...
by robert
Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:31 am
Topic: Welcome!
Replies: 13
Views: 6452

Welcome!

<r>Patrick,<br/> <br/> <B><s>[b]</s>Thousands<e>[/b]</e></B> ? I wish that was true, but I am afraid it is more like hundreds (when Google Analytics is right at least)<br/> Still we are extremely happy with the very positive response so far.<br/> <br/> Robert<br/> <QUOTE author="PGerard"><s>[quote="...
by robert
Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:29 am

Welcome!

<r>Nico,<br/> <br/> Thanks for the offer.<br/> At this moment almost all the work is very low level.<br/> I expect that to change once the core language has been released.<br/> <br/> Robert<br/> <QUOTE author="Thipacu"><s>[quote="Thipacu"]</s>Hello everybody,<br/> <br/> I am Nico Pronk and have work...
by robert
Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:55 am
Forum: Suggestions
Topic: DBF
Replies: 11
Views: 5741

DBF

<r>Richard,<br/> <br/> I am sure that we can get an Advantage driver working fairly quickly. We will ask Sybase for permission to create an Advantage RDD based on the code they have written for Vulcan.<br/> <br/> Robert<br/> <QUOTE author="richard"><s>[quote="richard"]</s>Seconded ... especially Adv...
by robert
Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:52 am
Forum: Product
Topic: Libraries
Views: 2716

Libraries

<r>Mrg ?<br/> <br/> You are right that the libraries are an issue.<br/> We have tried to come to an agreement with GrafX but have not succeeded (so far). <br/> Our current plans are: <LIST><s>[list]</s> <LI><s>[*]</s>The first VO/Vulcan version of X# will work with the standard libraries that come w...
by robert
Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:46 am
Topic: At long last
Views: 2517

At long last

<r>Richard,<br/> <br/> Well what can I say. There is a reason that I left the devteam a few years ago and that Fabrice, Chris and Nikos left this year.<br/> <br/> W.r.t. the language: of course it will be OOP. We support everything VO and Vulcan have. Otherwise the whole project is useless. On top o...
by robert
Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:52 pm

Welcome!

<r>Otto,<br/> <br/> We need guys like you and Craig to promote our project.<br/> We cannot do this alone.<br/> Without revealing too much: we are going to announce a new XSharp Community Program in the coming week. Part of this program will be a subscription system for XSharp, similar to VPS, which ...
by robert
Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:50 pm
Topic: Case sensitivity
Replies: 3
Views: 3061

Case sensitivity

Otto,
OooO wrote:I understand.
Will you make it possible to switch to case sensitive mode, like one can currently in Vulcan?
Of course!

Robert
by robert
Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:22 pm
Topic: Case sensitivity
Replies: 3
Views: 3061

Case sensitivity

<r>OoooO,<br/> <br/> Case insensitivity is VERY important if we want to be compatible with the existing xBase dialects.<br/> And without compatibility there is no need for this project at all.<br/> It is not the most complex task we have to do, so don't worry about the time that it will take.<br/> N...
by robert
Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:39 pm
Forum: Suggestions
Topic: very good project!!!
Views: 2406

very good project!!!

<r>Appolonio,<br/> <br/> To many of these things I can yes, simply because they are part of the .Net framework. Also Linux is possible with Mono on Linux.<br/> <br/> Robert<br/> <QUOTE author="SOLiNAD"><s>[quote="SOLiNAD"]</s>my my wishes,<br/> - make web apps<br/> - mysql (and other databases)<br/>...